Travelling with Mild Preeclampsia

This section is for discussions with other women who have probably been through the same signs/symptoms that you may be experiencing. Please note, we cannot offer medical advice and encourage members to discuss their concerns with their doctors. New members, come on in and introduce yourself!
alviarin
Forum Moderator

Re: Travelling with Mild Preeclampsia

Postby alviarin » Fri Apr 29, 2016 01:31 pm

Did you call your doc and ask? Mine didn't want me flying anywhere.

Bedrest isn't proven to improve preeclampsia, but might help some keep pressures down temporarily. With normal activity I was getting pressures high enough they would have wanted to hospitalize me if they stayed that high, so the compromise was partial bedrest and monitoring pressures at home during my second pregnancy.
Hypothyroid mom to
Connor (severe pre-e at 38 weeks)
Claire (dx'd with pre-e and induction at 37 weeks)
Annabelle (chronic HTN & GD, superimposed pre-e @34 weeks, induction @37 weeks)

ReneeLyn

Re: Travelling with Mild Preeclampsia

Postby ReneeLyn » Tue Apr 26, 2016 07:28 pm

Oh I forgot to mention I was 29 weeks!

ReneeLyn

Travelling with Mild Preeclampsia

Postby ReneeLyn » Tue Apr 26, 2016 07:26 pm

I was just diagnosed with Preeclampsia yesterday. My BP was 140/90 two weeks ago, but then it returned to normal and it was 122/68 yesterday. There was protein in my urine (401). I was told I may have to be on bedrest. I have a one day meeting in NYC tomorrow, which is just a 2 hour flight from where I am. What kind of complications could I get from flying with mild preeclampsia? Do you think it would be dangerous to go? I would be in a meeting off my feet all day. Does bedrest really affect your condition?

Thank you!

Return to “Ask the Experienced”