Worried and scared and just a bit confused.

This section is for discussions with other women who have probably been through the same signs/symptoms that you may be experiencing. Please note, we cannot offer medical advice and encourage members to discuss their concerns with their doctors. New members, come on in and introduce yourself!
laney_p
Forum Moderator

Re: Worried and scared and just a bit confused.

Postby laney_p » Wed Nov 15, 640834 11:01 pm

Hey, it never hurts to be extra careful! Definitely make sure that they keep checking your blood pressure along the way just to be on the safe side. It would be weird to have the symptoms that you are having with no apparent cause, and I don't think you were paranoid to have them run all the tests for preeclampsia and HELLP with the symptoms you were experiencing.

Take care of yourself!!
Director of Community Relations for the Preeclampsia Foundation
*does not provide any medical advice*
for more information, please visit www.preeclampsia.org

La Directora de las Relaciones con la Comunidad
*no ofrece consejo médico*
Se habla español
Para mas información, por favor visite: www.preeclampsia.org/es

EmilyQ

Postby EmilyQ » Wed Nov 15, 640834 6:25 am

Hi!

Thank you for replies. I'm sorry I hadn't come back on. Been quite ill :(

I called them the next day because it was already eleven am and the wait for them to call was excruciating. My blood results came back fine, so it's not preeclampsia. I can't tell you the relief I felt. They just want to check me over at least once weekly, BP, etc to make sure it's not creeping on me, but as it stands right now, it was a random occurrence of very preeclampsia like symptoms. They didn't know what else it was when I asked, I just got the whole, well a lot of things can just be pregnancy.. I'm still having the same symptoms, and I just keep reminding myself, this is just pregnancy stuff, just normal pregnancy stuff. I don't know if BP is still high, or about protein in pee, not checked yet. Next seeing them on Thursday but for now, huge relief..

I was over worrying for no reason I guess :(

x

laney_p
Forum Moderator

Postby laney_p » Fri Nov 03, 640834 4:50 pm

We'd love an update on how you are doing, Emily! It sounds like you are in good hands to make sure that everything goes smoothly for you and your baby.
Director of Community Relations for the Preeclampsia Foundation
*does not provide any medical advice*
for more information, please visit www.preeclampsia.org

La Directora de las Relaciones con la Comunidad
*no ofrece consejo médico*
Se habla español
Para mas información, por favor visite: www.preeclampsia.org/es

jenh

Postby jenh » Sat Sep 30, 640834 2:05 am

You and your doctor are doing all the right things. The current recommendation is to deliver at 37 weeks even for mild preeclampsia or pregnancy induced hypertension. The results of the labs will give you a clearer picture. Catching it early is the best way to ensure a good outcome for you and baby. If you don't have PE at this time, you'll still likely be monitored (even more) closely from here on in case you do eventually cross the line and become diagnostic. Here's a link to the signs and symptoms to watch out for: http://www.preeclampsia.org/health-info ... n-symptoms Any new or worsening symptoms are worth a call to the doctor.
Jen
Wife to Brett 6/30/02
Mom to Ethne Joy 10/12/03, 35 weeks, severe PE
Mom to Catie Grace 12/8/06, 37 weeks, mild PE
Mom to Riley Faith and Gavin Arthur 7/7/09, 36 weeks, PIH 22 weeks, PE 31 weeks, severe post partum PE
Mom to four angels Grace (12/15/05), Ian (7/28/08), Declan (5/23/15), and Lucy (11/24/15)

EmilyQ

Worried and scared and just a bit confused.

Postby EmilyQ » Tue Sep 19, 640834 9:00 am

I'm 37 weeks pregnant today with baby number two. Baby one was thought to be on the small side so was induced early, he came out at 6lb 12oz so was absolutely fine but because of their concerns, in on the multiple scan pathway this time. Anyway, today, I went for my scan and antenatal check. She did my urine check and blood pressure check and found 3+ protein and a BP reading that was elevated, just below the line of worry but high considering my normal is fairly low, because of those two things they sent me up for extra observations. My BP remained high, but stable, so the doc said that she thinks it will be overkill to make me stay in overnight and to instead, go home, rest, and await blood test and pee test results tomorrow. If there are abnormalities then they're going to induce, and if not they'll still check my BP at least once per week. She said she thinks it's pre-eclampsia because of protein, BP, and other symptoms such as mild swelling of feet and ankles, occasional sudden nausea and vomiting, slight pain in chest/between rib area, daily headaches and just the general feeling of being unwell, and off.

What are the chances that tomorrow they'll ring me and say, okay, got your results and it's not pre-eclampsia! ... I'm so worried.

Also, doc said to keep number handy and ring in case of anything, but didn't really give me an answer when I asked if there is anything I should look out for.

So many women on this site have had real horror stories and I feel a little daft panicking like this because I am 37 weeks, and if it was that and they did induce, he'd be fine, right..?

Am I over worrying?

Argh.

Return to “Ask the Experienced”