New here, looking for resources

This section is for discussions with other women who have probably been through the same signs/symptoms that you may be experiencing. Please note, we cannot offer medical advice and encourage members to discuss their concerns with their doctors. New members, come on in and introduce yourself!
Sierramtngirl

New here, looking for resources

Postby Sierramtngirl » Tue Aug 09, 2016 02:09 am

Hi all. I'm a 37 yo mom of 2. My first was a 6#14 oz girl born post term, with BP's that were mostly in the high 120's/80s. No protein or other issues. Very healthy before her pregnancy and exercised all thru. Second pregnancy was told he had IUGR and then BP was checked just after I received this news(and found to be 140/80 & higher at appointments). All of the appropriate fetal testing ensued until my delivery and I was "allowed" to go to 39 weeks b/c they really thought my high readings were more white-coat hypertension vs. anything else (since 100% of my ambulatory readings were normal) but gave me a dx of PIH anyhow. Never had any protein in urine or other pre-e "signs" (but was monitored very closely by MFM and OB). And DS didnt' have IUGR, was 6#10 oz at 39 weeks. His pregnancy was very stressful and I HATED the MFM I had to see (terrible bedside manner, yelled at me more than once, very scary. Made me cry on more than one occasion. I acutally had/have a little PTSD from the experience).
I'm now pregnant with bonus baby #3 (DH was scheduled to go to the urologist for his vasectomy LITERALLY the day I found out I was pregnant). We are feeling blessed and overwhelmed. I noticed prior to my being pregnant, my BP was in the borderline range, low 120's/80's, plus I was at a higher starting weight and exercising, but not as much as I did previously (two kids, shocker, I know!). During the first half of the pregnancy, my pressures were fine, all less than 120/80. Now I'm 26 weeks, and it 's creeping up towards the borderline range again, 120-130/80-85. No one will medicate at this level, which I understand. But I also know with my hx that it's quite possible (and likely) that my pressures with continue to go up, AND I've never had them this high this early. I'm older now and my OB who delivered my other 2 is retired. The MFM I saw previously is literally the only MFM in a 5 hour radius to me, and the thought of going there again launches me into a panic attack. My new OB team is a group of certified nurse midwives w/ OBs on staff for higher risk cases. I've been able to see the midwives so far, but have a feeling that I'll be getting fired soon & have to see one of the OB's (which I'm fine with). Is this something that a regular OB can handle? Do I need the input of an MFM? I'm terrified of my BP continuing to rise, and I know that I have a higher risk of PIH and Pre-e. I guess I'm looking for support and/or advice about this, and maybe some experiences with pressures like mine at this point in pregnancy.

Return to “Ask the Experienced”