So Very Sad- Little Allie has passed tonight

This section is for discussions with other women who have probably been through the same signs/symptoms that you may be experiencing. Please note, we cannot offer medical advice and encourage members to discuss their concerns with their doctors. New members, come on in and introduce yourself!
space_coaster

Re : So Very Sad- Little Allie has passed tonight

Postby space_coaster » Wed Sep 15, 2004 03:19 pm

I can't bring myself to read the whole thing right now -- it is just too heartbreaking. I hope that Allie's parents can draw strength from knowing how many people cared for and loved their daughter during her ordeal.

Jocelyn (36)
Mommy to Michelle Elizabeth, 8/25-9/1/04, 24w1d, 1 lb 3 oz, severe PE/HELLP syndrome

Michelle's memorial page: http://www.geocities.com/jfiorello68

aimeejane

Postby aimeejane » Wed Sep 15, 2004 02:49 pm

This is so heartbreaking. I'm at a loss for words. This is the third loss in two weeks that I know of in other online communities. I can't imagine the pain these parents are feeling...and I admire their strength, to be able to share their story with the people who have been praying for them all this time.

Aimee
Georgia State Coordinator
Moderator - Pregnant Again

Ds Nicky - 3/24/00 (28 wks - eclampsia)
Ds Kalen - 7/10/03 (36 weeks - preeclampsia)

amandab

Postby amandab » Wed Sep 15, 2004 12:15 am

I'm just now able to post about this. I am just heartbroken. I really thought she was going to get her miracle. I went to the candlelight vigil for her on Sat. I really feel for them. Channel 8 here in Dallas and the Dallas Morning News have been covering her story in the last month. There are several news videos and articles. You should be able to get to all the links if you go to www.wfaa.com and search for Allie Scott. You do have to register, though. I'll warn you the video about her passing is rather unfeeling, imo. But the articles and the other videos are worth checking out.

There is a memorial service open to the public, but I know from experience that Jenny and Andrew need to be surrounded by people that really knew their little Allie so I hope they are not too bombarded by strangers. I don't want Jenny to ever regret sharing their story with the world. Allie has had a huge impact on the world, and I hope they can cherish that.

Amanda (28)
Hubby (29)
Maija Grace - 5/18/04 (36.5 wks), HELLP
~i~ Aidan Timothy - 4/14/03 (29 wks), pre-e and abruption

jenn
Forum Moderator

Postby jenn » Wed Sep 15, 2004 09:56 am

I was avoiding reading this...but I did and just as I thought...my heart is broken :o(
May my heart and prayers go out to them.
And may Allie be at peace.

Jennie (25)
Shad (29)
Jaidyn (3) @30 wks
Severe PE/HELLP
2lb. 12oz.
http://www.babiesonline.com/babies/j/jaid/

Natalia Rosse
Due: 11.25.04
http://www.babiesonline.com/babies/n/nataliarosse/

http://www.ofoto.com/BrowsePhotos.jsp?U ... 2798555105

timelessbeauty

Postby timelessbeauty » Wed Sep 15, 2004 09:22 am

As my prayers go out to Jenny and Andrew, Allie's mom and dad, my thoughts of how wonderful they themselves are hits me. They have opened up to share something so person and so painful with the world. They have no idea how even watching their struggles to deal with Allie's condition has provided comfort for many who are having the same struggles. I have two beautiful children and I hug them more and more each day. My youngest is only a month older than Allie and a striking resemblence. It tore me up to read each day how this mother wished and prayed as she might to find some way to help her daughter but sometimes felt helpless to prevent what was happening. Just like in the police force, it really really gets to the men when they come across a crime scene for a child that is the same age or gender as theirs, it touches us moms who have children or are trying for children and know the pain of loss. It is with a comforting thought that I too send my 'angel' Ben to play with Allie but to help from the other side to quiet Jenny and Andrew's painful sorrow to a mild ache that will serve only as a beautiful reminder of a life they both touched and were touched by.

melissa71502

Postby melissa71502 » Wed Sep 15, 2004 09:10 am

My prayers go out to her family. May they have peace knowing that she is no longer suffering. I can't imagine the pain they are feeling.

paljane8

Postby paljane8 » Tue Sep 14, 2004 11:52 pm

Elizabeth,

Will you send her our love and prayers. What an amazing family! So truly heartwrenching!

Nancy Eastwood

for faith

Postby for faith » Tue Sep 14, 2004 02:01 pm

I am praying for peace for Allie's family, what an important job she has done in her little life. I know our angels welcomed her with open arms.

Jill
mommy to:
Tyler - 4 (36 wks, PIH (just told by peri it was mild PE))
Angel baby - 1/20/03 (11 wks)
Faith Kristine - 1/5/04-1/30/04 (30 weeks due to severe PE, passed due to NEC & Sepsis(preemie complications))

trying for #2 to share our lives with since 9/02

megansmom

Postby megansmom » Tue Sep 14, 2004 01:55 pm

I was soooooo so very sad when I read this. [:(] My heart breaks for them. I just can not imagine the heartbreak they must be going through. It sure does make all my problems seem so small in comparison.

~Amanda
Mama to Megan, severe PE with mild HELLP at 34 wks

TTC #2 begins soon!

alimarie

Postby alimarie » Tue Sep 14, 2004 12:59 am

I don't know how you guys read that. i am bawling my eyes out and grieving. i am ashamed that i ever complain about my life or my not being pregnant again yet. i am a selfish person and reading these updates from those sweet parents has torn me up. may i never forget how blessed i am to have a healthy child. may i be committed to thanking my Lord and Savior each day for my beautiful daughter and all my family.` may i not take for granted our health and blessings. I am mourning as I look at those sweet pics of allie. her time on earth was so short but I have read how meaningful to so many people. Right now i pray for her family that they continue to have peace about her heaven going. I pray that they will always be able to remember how it felt to hold her and how sweet she smelled. I pray that all of us who have been priveleged to read those sweet entries will not take our lives or those we love for granted. I pray that the next time i get short with my daughter in frustration that I remember to take a deep breath and remember my blessings. I thank you for whoever posted the link to allie's site. I did not want to read it last week when i first saw it but after seeing that she had passed on i felt compelled to read her story. I can not ignore that this happens to far too many families each day. May God be with all of them giving them peace and comfort.

My thoughts and prayers will be with all of you who have suffered a loss!

AliMarie---mommy to Madalyn Anne-born at 35 wks due to severe pe (9/18/2001 4lbs. 14oz.)

TTC #2

Return to “Ask the Experienced”