Introduce myself with some questions

This section is for discussions with other women who have probably been through the same signs/symptoms that you may be experiencing. Please note, we cannot offer medical advice and encourage members to discuss their concerns with their doctors. New members, come on in and introduce yourself!
stjamesb

Introduce myself with some questions

Postby stjamesb » Mon Nov 08, 2004 08:41 pm

Hi,
I am so glad I found this forum.
I developed severe HELLP last fall. I was diagnosed the day before my son was due so I was induced. My son is now a happy, healthy 14 months old and I thank God every day for that.
I was very sick, I stayed in the intensive care for 10 days and moved off to the high risk unit for another 5 days before I was discharged home.

My husband and I are talking about a second. We went to see the peri that looked after me last time I was sick. He quoted 25% risk of recurrent. He stressed that I was very very sick last time. One of my blood tests indicated that I have MTHFR mutation. There are no other illness (that I know of)

We are trying to gather as much info as we could and do a lot of soul searching to decide whether or not we would want to risk a second. One of the things that I have been wondering about is has any one heard of mixed race child may cause an increase risk for HELLP. I am Asian and my husband is Caucasian, and we wonder ...

Thank you so much for being here. After seeing the peri I was a bit depressed. I am so scare.

Return to “Ask the Experienced”