A little Worried

This section is for discussions with other women who have probably been through the same signs/symptoms that you may be experiencing. Please note, we cannot offer medical advice and encourage members to discuss their concerns with their doctors. New members, come on in and introduce yourself!
honeybef03

Re : A little Worried

Postby honeybef03 » Mon Mar 21, 2005 01:07 pm

The OB dr was not exactly sure what it was. That is why I wish they would have done a blood test or something. But I guess since it has gone away, it wasn't anything too major. THANK GOODNESS!!!

Mommy to Brandon 9/10/03 Gestational Diabetes
Mommy to ??? EDD 08/18/05
http://www.babiesonline.com/babies/j/jeanette/
http://www.babiesonline.com/babies/2/24jeanette/

May God bless you in all you do. :0)

rachel a

Postby rachel a » Mon Mar 21, 2005 12:40 am

Well...what exactly happened?

90/53 during pregnancy does sound off, to say the least!

So glad you're home and doing well! I've been very worried about you! So glad it wasn't contractions and your little muffin is in no hurry to come!

Keep us posted!

Rachel Adamson
Arkansas Coordinator

Dylan Samuel 10/04/04 @ 32 weeks (due to severe PE)

honeybef03

Postby honeybef03 » Mon Mar 21, 2005 12:03 am

Sorry I haven't posted yet today to let anyone know how I am doing. I went on Friday to Arnold Palmer and spent all of the afternoon and what seemed like most of the night there. They did a Cervical Lint (sp?) and an exam. They also did a urine test and said that everything turned out fine. My bp was also VERY low at the hospital (I think their machine was off). It was 90/53 when I arrived. When I was in the ambulance it was 130/78. And everytime I took it before I went to the hospital it was in the 130-140/80-86 range. The night before it actually got up to 154/99 one time and another it was 156/98. I was a little worried that they didn't do blood work, but they said that it wasn't OB related and sent me via ambulance to ORMC ER triage section. After waiting for an hour and a half and finding out that people had been waiting there for almost 12 hours, I decided to go home. If the pain got worse, I would just go to another hospital. Luckily it seems to have eased up. I took it easy over the weekend (per Dr's orders) and today the pain seems to have gone away. I don't know what it was that caused me such pain and discomfort, but I am glad that it is going away. I haven't been vomiting much. Just a couple times here and there. So I don't think that would explain the weight loss. I see the dr again on 3/30, and I have a sonogram that day, so hopefully I will have gained some more weight by then. I will keep everyone posted. Thank you so much for everyone's concern. It really means alot to me to know that there are people out there that understand what I am going through and can support me.

Jeanette :0)

rachel a

Postby rachel a » Mon Mar 21, 2005 10:02 am

Melissa,

I haven't heard from her since last Friday!!!! (When she emailed to let me know she was going to Arnold Palmer) I AM FREAKING OUT!

Have you been able to get in touch and find out what is going on?

UPDATE SOON!

Rachel Adamson
Arkansas Coordinator

melissa71502

Postby melissa71502 » Mon Mar 21, 2005 09:53 am

Please let us know what L&D said about the pain. Have you been experiencing sudden vomiting at all, maybe causing weight loss? I am always alarmed when I see pain on the right side. Also, since you are having high bp. Ask about getting your liver enzymes checked. It can't hurt to rule out HELLP. I didn't mistake the pain for contractions, but who knows...everyone's seems to be a little different. Keep us posted.

Melissa (29)
dh Mohan (30)
Kalindi 7/25/02, 35 weeks(HELLP)
Madelyn 2/5/04, 38 weeks (PIH borderline pre-e)

rachel a

Postby rachel a » Fri Mar 18, 2005 07:51 am

Thank you so much for calling. Let me know how things turn out!!

Rachel Adamson
Arkansas Coordinator

honeybef03

Postby honeybef03 » Fri Mar 18, 2005 07:32 am

I just called L&D at Arnold Palmer and they told me to go ahead and come in to the Urgent Care and a dr will see me. It seems as long as I am sitting down and relaxing, it doesn't hurt as often, but as soon as I get up to even cross the room, the pain comes on really strong and then it takes forever for it to calm back down. Hopefully Arnold Palmer will have some answers for me. Thank you so much for the concern and care. I too am freaking out because if it is not labor, then what is it?? I hope they can find out and hopefully it is not braxton hicks because I don't think I can live with this pain for another 4-5 months. I will try to post back soon. :0)

rachel a

Postby rachel a » Fri Mar 18, 2005 07:00 am

It would be a good idea to see another OB. Especially after what your doctor told you.

Please call L&D just to be sure that nothing is going on. Even if the symptoms seem to be easing up.

I don't freak out very often but I am really freaking out!!! Let me know that you have gone to L&D or at least given them a call. If you're not comfortable with that...at least call the OB your friend recommmended, let them know what is going on and see if they will see you ASAP!

Rachel Adamson
Arkansas Coordinator

honeybef03

Postby honeybef03 » Fri Mar 18, 2005 06:48 am

Thank you so much Rachel. :0) I am going to call my ins company to find out if I can just go straight to the hospital or if I have to call my ob first. I have already received a phone number from one of my co-workers for her OB (she is pg also and highly recommends her). I am calling Monday morning to make an appt so that I never have to go back to that dr again. This is my baby and I am going to do everything I can to protect it. I am not going to just sit back and "let it happen". This pain may be nothing, but I am going to make sure it is nothing, not just sit back and not doing anything about it. Thank you so much for the info on the website. I printed it out so I can ask the ER if I can take any of these meds if I am in labor. The only thing that gives me hope that this isn't labor is the fact that it eases up when I lay down and that I haven't started bleeding or anything. Hopefully it is nothing, but I want to know for sure that it is nothing. Also, in the last 2 weeks, I have lost 4 pounds. I have been eating like a pig and I still lost weight. I am 18 almost 19 weeks and so far I have only gained a total of 3 pounds. I hope that is ok. But he just asked if I was eating and I said yes and he let it go. Hopefully I am not leaking fluid or anything. I can't imagine how I have lost weight. Hopefully the hospital will have some answers for me. Also, checked my BP last night and it was 154/99 on one check and then 156/98 on another. I am not sure if the cuff was too tight or not. I loosened it up and it went down to 126/83. Thanks again for your concern. I will keep everyone posted. :0)

rachel a

Postby rachel a » Fri Mar 18, 2005 06:34 am

I won't sleep a wink tonight until I know what you've done!!!

Rachel Adamson
Arkansas Coordinator

Return to “Ask the Experienced”