I HAD MY BABY - My Story - Need advice/reassurance

This section is for discussions with other women who have probably been through the same signs/symptoms that you may be experiencing. Please note, we cannot offer medical advice and encourage members to discuss their concerns with their doctors. New members, come on in and introduce yourself!
rachel a

Re : I HAD MY BABY - My Story - Need advice/reassurance

Postby rachel a » Tue May 24, 2005 12:30 am

Congratulations! Feeding a preemie is difficult and stressful. We always worried about how much Dylan ate or didn't eat.

I am so happy for you!

Rachel Adamson
Arkansas Coordinator

Dylan Samuel 10/04/04 @ 32 weeks (due to severe PE)

melody

Postby melody » Tue May 24, 2005 10:16 am

Thanks everyone!

*~Melody~*
Amelia Louise 04/23/05 -32 wks - 2lbs 13oz

denise

Postby denise » Mon May 23, 2005 12:57 am

Congrats on the birth of you child. Glad to hear you and she are doing well. I just adore her name!

-------
Denise (29) Co-coordinator for WI
Jason (32)
Ariana (24 months)5/3/03-just shy of 35 weeks: Class 1 HELLP
http://hometown.aol.com/oneyodafan/DeniseHomePage.htm

meg hanrahan

Postby meg hanrahan » Mon May 23, 2005 08:30 am

Congratulations and so glad that everyone is now home and doing well. I'm sure this was not the birthing experience you had hoped for, but thankfully your daughter is healthy and doing great. Enjoy her!

Meg
Isabella 11/11/2002 (34 weeks, severe pe)
Katie 4/21/2004 (full term, no pe)
#3 Due 7/29/2005

tanya

Postby tanya » Mon May 23, 2005 08:07 am

Congratulations!!![:)]

Take Care,
Tanya
Jason(DH)
Leah born 2/4/99 at 34 weeks ...PIH
Miscarriage 10 weeks
Grant born 3/29/01 at 31 weeks... Severe PE
Jace born 1/18/05...No PE or PIH~Perfect pregnancy

melissam

Postby melissam » Sat May 21, 2005 08:57 pm

I will add my Congrats to the others. I am glad that things are going well and I hope they continue that way.

Melissa
Mom to:
Riley 2/9/2000 born at 37 weeks due to PE
Kelsi 12/30/2004 - 1/1/2005 (13 oz) born at 24 weeks due to Severe PE
http://www.babiesonline.com/babies/k/kelsi2005/
New photos added 4/18/05 - see Kelsi's Closet

ann marie

Postby ann marie » Sat May 21, 2005 06:22 pm

Congratulations and best wishes!!

Ann Marie (29)Moderator for "Ask the Experienced" and "Bedrest"
Co-coordinator for Wisconsin
DH: Matt (32)
PIH/PE/Low Amniotic Fluid
Luke 3/17/04--37 weeks after 15 weeks of bedrest

cassie05

Postby cassie05 » Sat May 21, 2005 09:55 am

Congrats on the birth of your baby!!! Sending prayers your way to fatten up that baby [:D]

cassie is mommy to...
stephen...severe pre-e...delivered at 27+6...1 lb 12 oz
...and pregnant with kaitlyn

melody

Postby melody » Sat May 21, 2005 09:17 am

Hi everyone!

Here is an update to our story:

On April 21, my perinatologist called us at home and wanted to do another biophysical on the baby. At that appointment, it was determined that she needed to be delivered in the next couple of days because of severe preeclampsia and her lack of growth. Because he was going out of town the next day and wouldn't be able to be there for the delivery and care of the baby, he had me transported to a great hospital facility about an hour and a half from where we live so that I could be under the care of his colleagues. They stabilized me with magnesium sulfate and I was transported late that day.

The next morning, I had a level 2 done by a peri there (which was an exact week later from the last level 2 I had by my original peri). They determined her weight to be exactly the same as my regular peri said it was a week prior -- 2lbs 12ounces. This peri said it was necessary to induce me later that afternoon. I was induced and petossin (sp?) began at around 12:15 that afternoon. It wasn't until around 10pm that evening (and three blood tests later to determine my CBC levels were low enough because of the heparin I was on) that I was allowed an epidural. I was in a lot of pain (especially back pain) for a good 4 hours before the epidural came. After the epidural kicked in, I was 6 centimeters and they broke my water. About 2 hours later and 8 centimeters, I started bleeding and the contractions slowed down. The bleeding was determined to be too risky, so I was taken to surgery for a c-section.

Amelia Louise was delivered at 1:01am on Saturday, April 23rd. She weighed 2lbs 13ounces and ws 16" in length. The moment I heard her begin to cry, I nearly lost it. She was breathing on her own (thanks to the steriod shots a week prior)! We were so relieved.

She spent 3 weeks and one day in NICU at the hospital before being released this past Sunday. We've had her home almost a week and at her first Dr.'s appt. two days ago she weighed 4lbs 5ounces (in her diaper). Bottle feeding and breast feeding have often been a challenge so far, but we are working on it. We are thrilled to have her home and healthy and now we just need some time to grow!

I'd be happy to answer any questions you may have.

Thank you ALL for your support. I learned so much here about preeclampsia and am convinced that it was because of what I learned here that I was able to help my Dr.'s along a bit more with what I was feeling and what was happening to my body and my baby. It is so important to know any and all signs of this issue for the sake of your baby and your own health.

Again, THANK YOU!

jamilyn

Postby jamilyn » Sun Apr 24, 2005 01:09 am

I am so sorry to hear your having a difficult pregnancy. I hope your dr.s appointment went well. Im not sure if this is an option for you but my OB has told me that there are NST machines that I can bring home with me and plug it into the phone jack and it will send the info to my Dr. that way you can do more of them to watch the baby and not have to go into the office as much, especially being on bedrest. I am having my C-section on Friday so I opted not to get one to bring home with me. So far he's had good readings. But with the dr not liking some of your past NST readings it might be an option to at least look into.
Good Luck and I hope everything works out for you.

Jamilyn

Moms little angel Dallin 10/9/01-10/16/01 (born at 27 weeks due to severe Eclampsia)
So Small, So Sweet, So Soon
Stratton - EDD 5-1-05

Return to “Ask the Experienced”