coming up on almost a year of loss

A place for those bereaved to receive and offer support

coming up on almost a year of loss

Postby wooleybear » Wed Mar 06, 2013 07:32 pm

Hi everyone, I haven't been on since September 2012. I got so busy with work and now that I have been having some down time and nearing the 1 year anniversary of loosing Soleil, my sadness has resurfaced. I feel I have been avoiding the thought of her because it hurts so much. I haven't even taken out her pictures or keepsakes from the hospital in very long time. I think I delved headfirst into work and tried to push memories, feelings, pain, and all that grieving on the back burner. It has recently come up again at least once a week, crying for Soleil to come back to me. May is going to be such a hard month, not only is it Mothers day, Pre E awareness month, but the month I lost Soleil. It almost hurts more now then it did when it first happened, because for some reason the thought of being away for so long, lies heavily on me. I know Christmas and Thanksgiving are hard for everyone, but I truly struggled with New Years. It was like I was leaving behind the year that changed my life forever, and that felt like I was letting go of Soleil. I know she will be in my heart and mind forever, but something about it was so hard. And now to think it has been almost a year since, pains me even more.

I am going full force into creating an art show in memory of Soleil in May, and it will help raise money for Pre E awareness. I just hope the memorial art show and strength from family and friends will be enough for me to hold on strong, because it isn't even May yet and these tears are flowing heavier than before. :(
wooleybear

Re: coming up on almost a year of loss

Postby MomTimesThree » Thu Mar 07, 2013 02:02 am

I remember as my daughter's first birthday approached sharing many of those same feelings. I also found New Years soooo hard. I hated when the clock struck midnight and it was no longer the same year she was born- like you, it felt like loosing her again just a little farther.

I've found that often the lead up to important events is the most difficult part- and when they finally arrive they are more peaceful than imagined. I hope the same is true for you and that when May comes you'll find your way to navigate through those days. I think creating a memorial art show in her memory is beautiful.

Keeping you in my thoughts,
Lauren
2008-Our Baby Girl, PTL born too early at 30w6d, Fought so hard... Forever Loved & Missed
2010- Lil' Bro, Pre-E at 29 weeks... Induced at 36w6d, Born 37w
2012- Lil' Sis, Super-imposed pre-e at 25 weeks, PTL & GD at 35 weeks, Evicted 36w
MomTimesThree
Forum Moderator

Postby kerisue » Fri Mar 08, 2013 11:28 pm

I can't believe it's almost been a year- I remember when you first posted. I let work consume me and push aside my sadness too. But, the longing for our babies does come to the forefront at times and it probably always will. I just let the tears come if they want to (in private, that is).

I'm planning a fundraiser for Millie's birthday too. Somehow that does make me feel a little bit of comfort- knowing that every little bit helps us get one step closer to prevention and a cure. Good luck with your art show, I think that's a fabulous idea and a wonderful way to raise money and honor Soleil! Will it be you be showing your own art or is it various artists?
Mama to Millie
born June 2010 @ 24 wks. gestation due to my severe PE and CHF
lived 25 days, loved and missed
kerisue
Forum Moderator

Postby bsherricca » Thu Mar 14, 2013 04:44 pm

my heart goes out to you ...i know how you feel i am in the same 1yr anniversary boat .... its hard but we survive ...chin up
bsherricca

Postby Jackie R » Sun Mar 24, 2013 00:57 am

Sending you and Soliel in heaven lots of love and strength.
The pain and longing never ever goes away. I miss Mia everyday
and I have since had children after Mia. Our love, memories,
and bond with our children will always be eternal regardless
of if they're physically next to us, across the country,
or have made it to heaven before us.

Hopefully, one day when our time comes we will
be forever reunited with our children in a blissful
place where there is no such thing as pain and sorrow.

Until then cherish every memory of love you have
and doing things in your daughter's memory is amazing!!
In the end, that's all we're left with-love and cherished
memories....it's only a matter of time....

Xoxoxo <3
me (29) hubby (32)

proud Mommy to our beautiful & precious angel Mia-"Forever Loved, Always Missed, Never Forgotten"
born on Nov. 18, 2010 (29w3d) due to severe pre-e and IUGR, became an angel on 12/14/2010 due to hospital negligence in NICU-hospital acquired infection.

"If love could have saved you, you would have lived forever my sweet precious Mia"

proud Mommy to Milania born on April 3, 2012 at 37 weeks PE free-on LDA, Lovenox, Vitamin D, Calcium & Bedrest
Thank You my sweet precious Mia for safely placing your baby sister into our arms <3
Jackie R

Return to Grief and Loss