One of the things really bothering me.

A place for those bereaved to receive and offer support
jamilyn

Re : One of the things really bothering me.

Postby jamilyn » Thu Aug 29, 637354 10:00 am

I am so sorry to hear about your experience, I have been very blessed with amazing Dr's and nurses at the 2 different NICU's ive been at. I was at the NICU with my second son most of the day and night and got to know each of his nurses really well and his drs. I did notice though that the nurses that were the most compassionate were the ones that were mothers or grandmothers. They were wonderfull with him and me, and treated us like family. When I lost my first son I had to decide to take him off the life support and the nurse that was with me and my family that day cried with us and was so amazing i will never forget any of them.
I couldnt imagine going threw what youve gone threw and not having supporting and compassionate drs and nurses. I hope that one day you can have a better experience with the Drs and nurses in the OB unit.
Best wishes & my thoughts and prayers are with you.

kjones

Postby kjones » Wed Aug 28, 637354 5:35 am

Sweetie, I will be thinking of you. I am sending many prayers your way!! You are doing such a great thing, and the lives you will touch, it's just remarkable!!!

lucy

Postby lucy » Tue Aug 27, 637354 7:30 pm

Have a told you in the last day how great you all are? I really apprecaite you all, I had to grab one finishing thing for them so I did not deliever them today but I may go up to Tri-cities Wa to deliever the preemie blankets and bears tommorow even that will be hard since I spent 3 wks while I was pregnant on that floor and then Sebanna was on that floor when she got hosplized, at least I will have my dh there that way if I get too emontial he can kind of take over. Please know that I think of you all often.

cassie05

Postby cassie05 » Sat Aug 17, 637354 2:30 pm

My prayers are with you for strength but dont worry about it if you start crying or freaking out...its only natural

akemt

Postby akemt » Fri Aug 16, 637354 10:20 pm

That is a great idea Julie. My other thought is -if you do decide to go to the OB wing, I would try not to worry about crying...You don't need to keep yourself together for people you don't even know! I know that opening the doors for that for you means a great deal more than simply crying, but if it happens, don't be embarassed. This is a huge thing you're doing, Lucy, and emotions are so woven into all of it -that is the point.

Sending my love and prayers,

julie f

Postby julie f » Fri Aug 16, 637354 1:30 pm

Lucy - does your hospital have a social worker? Perhaps you call them and meet in their office to deliver the memory boxes rather than going up to the maternity floor or the NICU?

You are doing a wonderful thing for so many parents that have lost their babies.

lucy

Postby lucy » Thu Aug 15, 637354 12:27 pm

I feel like this is my responiblity and I want to make sure it is done right but at the same time dont know what I will do if I have a complete breakdown and have to deliever them and leave crying hysterically, wish me lots of luck I am not going to embarass anyone so at the very least I will make my self keep it together long enough to get them delievered.

lucy

Postby lucy » Thu Aug 15, 637354 12:23 pm

Thanks so much guys, I have been having a really low week, I got my depression meds increased even more not at my request but the Dr really thinks I need it, maybe it will help at least a little. I hope to deliever the rest of the memory boxes tommorow which is going to be hard as I debate don whether I can even handle going back to the hospital especially up to ob but I dont know what else to do.

julie f

Postby julie f » Thu May 04, 637352 1:41 am

Lucy, I'm sorry about the friends that Dh had over... not what you need to be dealing with right now. I hope things are a little better.

akemt

Postby akemt » Sun Apr 23, 637352 8:59 pm

Lucy, I say good for you! How awful an experience -and in your own house.

On the medical front, I can tell from personal experience that while I don't think I was ever cold, I surely didn't show all my feelings either -and it really was a coping mechanism for me. There were times when I would get home from a call that involved deaths and I would just cry for these people. But, at the time I was doing a job, trying to keep my own head above water so that I could help others. I too am so sorry that these nurses came off as cold and uncaring. I also think you'd be a very compassionate nurse if you decided to go that route.

Sending my prayers your way,

Return to “Grief and Loss”