Pertussis took another babies life.IMPORANT UPDATE

A place for those bereaved to receive and offer support
lucy

Re : Pertussis took another babies life.IMPORANT UPDATE

Postby lucy » Fri Sep 09, 2005 06:08 pm

An 11 week old baby from Oregon in May of 2003 also lost its life to pertussis aka whooping cough http://www.oregon.gov/DHS/news/2003news ... 515a.shtml its so sad that pertussis keeps taking lives yet most people dont even know it still exists.

lucy

Postby lucy » Sun Sep 04, 2005 04:35 am

Thank you all for reading this post and I wholeheartedly agree that Drs like the ones who were supposed to take care of Sebanna were a joke I only wish I would have realized it sooner [:(][V][:(][V]

celticepona

Postby celticepona » Sat Sep 03, 2005 10:44 pm

Very true Cassie. I wholeheartedly agree. Doctors today should never be so uneducated or negligent.

lorelei

Postby lorelei » Thu Sep 01, 2005 08:34 pm

HOLY COW..I'm in the upstate of SC!! That's so scary...I mean, right now Dalton has a runny nose...hoping it doesn't turn into anything more...

lucy

Postby lucy » Thu Sep 01, 2005 03:48 pm

http://www.myrtlebeachonline.com/mld/my ... 312979.htm two more babies that died of pertussis and there are countless other raticles it is so devasting and heartbreaking if anyone appears sick especially with a cough please keep them away from your kids!!

lorelei

Postby lorelei » Wed Aug 31, 2005 09:08 am

Amen sister! What happened to Sebanna should have never happened this day and age! That child had to be really sick to have passed away like that. There is no reason that she wasn't tested..no reason. It's sad that it takes something like her passing to make dr's be more aware of it. I mean, it's just like how certain places need a red light or a turn light put up but yet they wait til there are a certain number of wrecks or deaths before they do anything about it. That shouldn't happen! I'm furious~and scared for my kids too. It almost makes me feel that during sick months I should hoard them up in the house.

Sorry Lucy that you had to go through all this, but know that you ARE making a difference to people!

cassie05

Postby cassie05 » Wed Aug 31, 2005 00:26 am

I understand that everyone has different outlooks on the vaccines. Each parent can choose which vaccines they want their child to have. I was just agreeing that it is criminal for a doctor not to be able to diagnose whooping cough. IMO in regards to Sebanna, it was criminal for the doctors to ignore Lucys concerns and it was the doctors who are at fault for not treating her sooner.

lucy

Postby lucy » Tue Aug 30, 2005 11:19 pm

Yet more information http://sinclair-lee.blogspot.com/2004_0 ... chive.html scroll down to the bottom thats where her story starts with a picture, I also found more articles of babies who lost their lives to pertussis aka whooping cough it hurts so bad please please educate yourself and all those you know it honestly could save a life, I thought it didnt exist and it had been wiped out since you never hear about it anymore that isnt the case and you have proof of that please spread awareness.

lucy

Postby lucy » Mon Aug 29, 2005 04:10 am

Cassie, thanks I am going to do all I can although it gets so hard sometimes, and celticepona I can understand your hestitation, I will look into it a little more and see if I can find out anything about hwat special precautions can be made for those allergic to the shot I believe I heard about something but I am so sorry you had to experience that sending you both hugs.

Return to “Grief and Loss”