Due Date

A place for those bereaved to receive and offer support
gilma

Re : Due Date

Postby gilma » Wed Sep 13, 2006 12:31 am

Ashley thinking of you and your little Madison today.....

duchess

Postby duchess » Sat Sep 09, 2006 10:55 pm

Thank you all for your support. It really does help to know that I'm not alone. I know that I have to take life one day at a time and some days will be wonderful while others will hurt like heck. DH and I are doing a small balloon release for Madison tomorrow.

rosemary
Forum Moderator

Postby rosemary » Sat Sep 09, 2006 11:17 am

Ashley - my heart goes out to you. Some many of us have wondered the same thing..why me? Our losses make us question so many things about life, and there is nothing fair about it. I am truly sorry for your loss and I wish you peace.

timelessbeauty

Postby timelessbeauty » Sat Sep 09, 2006 11:03 am

I don't know why any of us are chosen to lose a child. It seems so senseless and random. I think to myself sometimes that my son would have been born with a greater issue maybe than my spirit could handle and this grief now was sparing me greater grief for later. While I realize this thought may not bring any comfort, it helps me to think maybe some things are just meant to be. My son may have been spared from a life with much greater pain than he deserved, he was spared facing insurmountable obstacles that would have broken his spirit. He was granted a quick access ticket to Heaven so now I better work on my 'ticket'.

Ashley, my heart goes out to you for your loss. It's never a path we would chose for ourselves to walk along the road of grief and loss. I hope you can find comfort in knowing you are not walking it alone, we are here with you to support you.

aaronsmommy

Postby aaronsmommy » Sat Sep 09, 2006 09:49 am

The due date was a hard one for me to face. My was August 4, 2006. Lots of hugs to you!

melissam

Postby melissam » Fri Sep 08, 2006 10:41 pm

Ashley,

Many hugs to you. The due date is very hard. And you are right. Nobody should ever loose their child. It just isn't fair. It is really hard to see the babies that were born around Kelsi's due date. To know what they look like and are doing and to know that Kelsi should be doing those same things just kills me.

Why were we chosen for this trial? GOOD QUESTION!!! I don't recall signing up for that one. But now that we have been chosen, I guess it is what we do with the experience that matters most. Do we let the grief overtake us and keep us from living life? or do we take our experience and help others. Sometimes both. I know there are days that I am just so overcome with grief that I just sit and cry. Those days are few and far between, but they do exist all the same. Other times I am able to help others by giving them support even if it is nothing more than a virtual hug. You are a strong and beautiful mother to your child. Your life was spared, even if at the expense of your sweet baby. You remain so that you may do good in this world, as hard as that is sometimes.

Hang in there. Much love to you.

robertmyangel

Postby robertmyangel » Fri Sep 08, 2006 08:54 pm

Dear Ashley,

My due date is September 22nd and I am working that day. At first I wanted to take that day off, but I figured it's better to be busy at work than to be home sobbing all day. I understand how you feel when you say "Why did you have to fall into this category?" I always ask myself that question, and I never get the answer that I want. My close cousin, and one of my co-workers just gave birth to their babies, and I haven't seen them, I don't want to either, that would be really hard for me. My cousin had PE at 37 weeks, and her baby boy was 7lbs and healthy, she never thought that she could get it, but it can happen to anyone.

I am glad that you and your DH got away and celebrated your anniversary. Please be easy on yourself, and know that you are not alone, many of us here know how you are feeling. You are in my thoughts, sending you many hugs.

froggie89

Postby froggie89 » Fri Sep 08, 2006 08:44 pm

Ashley,

My thoughts are with you today. Due dates are one of the hardest days because you do think about how things should be, that you should be holding your baby, changing diapers, etc.. and you're not. I was incredibly sad, empty and lonely feeling on Alexander's due date last year. I'm sending big hugs to you.

Please don't feel like you're complaining. We're all here for each other. We understand where you're coming from. Take care and I hope that you find peace and comfort in the days ahead.

for faith

Postby for faith » Fri Sep 08, 2006 01:25 pm

My thoughts are with you. I know how hard the important days are. It is so hard when you think why this path for me, I think none of us will ever know, we just go on. Don't ever think you are complaining, we understand. Sending lots of peaceful thoughts. HUGS

gilma

Postby gilma » Fri Sep 08, 2006 11:05 am

Ashley, My due date was several months ago and I can still remember it like it was yesterday. It's surreal. All of the what if's and supposed to be's can sometimes be suffocating...especially around that time. Please never feel like you are complaining. We're all apart of the numbers here and feel your pain right along with you. That's what we're here for. I'm thinking of you and wishing you peace and comfort now and Madison's Angel day approaches.

Return to “Grief and Loss”