Hating my body

A place for those bereaved to receive and offer support
gilma

Re : Hating my body

Postby gilma » Wed Sep 13, 2006 10:27 am

Ashley, Try to be kind to yourself. That is a battle that all of us face at sometime or another, and for some of us on a day to day basis. I've certainly been there...even recently. I told my husband that I was angry because I got pregnant so easily...everytime. Then everytime my body failed the pregnancy in one way or the other. I also remember telling my best friend during my first pregnancy that it was going to be all natural...no drugs...midwife only...women have been doing this since the beginning of time!!! It really isn't fair no matter what way you look at it. I'm sorry your going through this right now. My heart hurts for you and the place that you're in. Please know I'm thinking of you.

mel h.

Re : Hating my body

Postby mel h. » Wed Sep 13, 2006 09:48 am

Hi Ashley,
I remember feeling the exact same way for a long time after I lost my daughter. On top of the preeclampsia that caused me to lose her, I dealt with infertility for almost two years after she was born.
When I told my husband how I felt about my body failing me, and most importantly, our daughter, he would ask me if I thought cancer or heart disease or any other disease was the sick person's fault and if they should blame themselves for getting sick. Of course I said no.
Some women are great at being pregnant and can spit babies out like there's no tomorrow. But it's not that easy for some of us ... and that's not our fault. Try not to be so hard on yourself. I know it hurts unbearably.

duchess

Hating my body

Postby duchess » Wed Sep 13, 2006 09:30 am

I'm just very low and upset now. All of the babies that were due around the time Madison was due are at home with their moms. And I'm alone. DH just started working the night shift at his job so I have most of the night to sit and ponder. How do you all not hate your bodies? I hate mine because I feel like it betrayed me. It's job was to make a safe home for my baby until she was ready for this world, and it couldn't even do that. It's hard feeling like a failure at something a woman was born to do. If it wasn't for my body's issues, I'd be at home now taking care of my baby not sitting at work in front of a computer trying not to cry.

Return to “Grief and Loss”