Post Reply FAQ Members Login

Thank You

A place for those bereaved to receive and offer support

Re : Thank You

Postby catherine » Tue Feb 03, 2004 07:54 am

Michal, I'm so sorry you are having to struggle with such pain. I just wanted to let you know that I do know of someone else who has stuggled to balance the issues of her work with her own losses. She is a pediatrician and has lost two babies as a result of blood group incompatibility. She is a superb doctor and was a wonderful support to me when I was pregnant, and with another friend who recently lost her baby. I was and am very aware of how much losing her babies has cost her and yet she continues. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

Catherine
Mom to Finn, Lucy (preeclampsia and HELLP) and Chloe.
Moderator HELLP Syndrome Survivors
catherine
Forum Moderator

Postby bonnie » Tue Feb 03, 2004 09:40 am

Michal, I am so sorry that you are struggling. I know of someone else who recently lost a baby to HELLP in Israel, they are in Modi'in though (I can't remember where you are). I know that they are meeting with a wonderful rebbetzin who they are very pleased with at understanding their issues. If you'd like, I can try to find the name of the rebbetzin (I am not sure if she's in Modi'in too, for some reason I think Beit-El. My mom met her when they were on a mission trip and that's why I think she might be from Beit-El. Our shul is twinned with Beit-El and they do alot of exchange/mission trips.)

I am sure that you've thought about this, but what about planting a tree on Tu B'shevat in Dina's honour? Please take care and keep us posted on how you're doing.

Kol TOOV,
Bonnie

Yoni's ima

Yonatan 7/10/2002 (35 weeks PE)

CHECK OUT MY WEBSITE . . .
http://rosenbloom.homeip.net/yoni
bonnie
Forum Moderator

Postby josiah1112 » Tue Feb 03, 2004 08:49 pm

Hi Mical,
I'm sorry you are having a hard time. All of the feelings you are
having are normal.-You are grieving for your child! I guess it will time for us to make our peace with God and to trust his ultimate decision. If you send me your e- mail I will e-mail you something that I found on a website (I personalized it to fit me) on being a bereaved parent, which I forwarded to a lot of my friends. This has helped me tremendously. It has also helped them because once they read it they got a sense of where I was coming from.
Thinking of you...

Gloria mom to Josiah 11/12/04- 12/4/03
josiah1112

Postby michal » Mon Feb 09, 2004 09:48 am

Thanks for all the moral support . Yesterday at work was just the hardest day for me . When I arrived at my office , I saw one of my patients who is due in 2 weeks' time . ( we had done the IVF at the same clinic and had fallen pregnant at around the same time ) .
A couple of minutes later another really nice patient told me how happy she was I was back ,but did not want me to go away again ,on maternity leave ( which she assumed would be soon ) . I told her what happened and she looked so shocked and I just felt like I wanted to burst out crying which would have been so unprofessional .
The next patient , was a pregnant woman who is also due now , and wished me congratulations . By this point I was just finished emotionally , and I said , "no there is no congratulations" and changed the subject because I could not handle talking about it again .

Bonnie, you can give me her number - email it to my private email .
(hoppy@netvision.net.il) .We live quite far from Modi'in though , so I intend on making contact with someone in Raanana ( which is about 10 minutes from where we live ) . I have been seing a social worker who has really helped me a lot . I was in South Africa for the whole of January , so we have not met up again since I got back . We planted a tree for Dina before I went to South Africa . It is called a Chinese Lantern and has these very delicate peach flowers . Me and my daughter Tali made a little wooden plaque with her name which we hung from the tree.

Gloria , I would really appreciate it if you would send me the article . My address is hoppy@netvision.net.il .

Michal
Mom to Tali aged 5 (5/3/1998 , 32 weeks , PE and HELLP ) , mom to my first angel in heaven ( 20/2/2002 , 20 weeks , PE and HELLP) , mom to my seccond angel in heaven , Dina ( 29/10/2003 -4/11/2003, 25 weeks , PE and HELLP )
michal

Postby josiah1112 » Mon Feb 09, 2004 12:50 am

Hi Mical,

I will e- mail that article to you shortly. I can relate to things
being difficult. I got a phone call 2 wks. ago from a friend in NY who was due after me. She called me to find out if I had
"gone into labor" this was so heart wrenching because I was
hit with the realization that I was robbed of something very
precious. I had such a hard time with this call that I haven't even
called back. Most of the people in my immediate life know. Others
I just can't call. I guess it would make it more "real".

Yesterday I went to church. I did well, considering that two of
my friends have newborns. They are both girls, and my son Josiah
was supposed to be their "boyfriend".

Take Care,

Gloria mom to Josiah 11/12/03 - 12/4/03 born @ 26wks Pre e
josiah1112

Previous

Return to Grief and Loss