Due Date

A place for those bereaved to receive and offer support
jsu_work

Re : Due Date

Postby jsu_work » Fri Oct 24, 2008 00:42 am

Sending hugs your way
The anticipation of that day was worst than the actual day for me. I sorrounded myself with friends and family. Everyone is different.
Just wanted to let you know that I was thinking about you and your daughter today.

fionahk

Postby fionahk » Thu Oct 23, 2008 06:36 pm

I'm so sorry for your loss. For me milestones are definately the worst part of dealing with Austin's death. I felt a bit stronger as the months went by but it still hurts very much.

neslo

Postby neslo » Fri Oct 17, 2008 11:28 am

Sorry for the late reply...

For me the anticipation of Ellie's due date was far worse than the actual day was. In some ways it really was a relief to have it over and done with.

We had her headstone installed right before her due date and then we took flowers and let balloons go to remember her.

Ellies grave is far away from us - but I do find it such a comfort to be there and share my feeling with her. A couple of times when I was having really bad days I just took off and drove the three hours to visit her.

mrs.magdaleno

Postby mrs.magdaleno » Tue Oct 14, 2008 11:00 am

The first year is the worst...at least for me it was. Be good to yourself. Don't worry about anyone else. Take this time for you and your dh to heal. I would definitely plan something. Maybe a getaway or just a day with no phone calls or interruptions from anyone. Just you and dh doing what you love to do. (((HUGS)))

annes
Forum Moderator

Postby annes » Tue Oct 14, 2008 09:58 am

I found my due date with Griffin very hard, probably because I had know I would not get that far, so the date did not seem significant to me. I did not prepare myself at all. It will be a hard day for you, but I agree that if you plan for it it may make it a little easier. As for the holidays, ugh, I do not know what to say except to maybe give yourselves a break and not do as much socializing as you may usually do. If there are things you have to do, limit the time spent. We will be here for you. Take care of yourself.

joker

Postby joker » Tue Oct 14, 2008 09:21 am

Getting past the first milestones is hard. For me, getting past Abby's due date was in some ways, theraputic. My DH & I planned something special to do on that day and that really helped us.

Big hugs.

crystalw

Postby crystalw » Mon Oct 13, 2008 09:36 pm

I'm so sorry. (((HUGS))) Holidays are hard. :(

brianned5

Due Date

Postby brianned5 » Mon Oct 13, 2008 07:54 pm

Kylie's due date is right around the corner on 10/24. I'm dreading it, but also looking forward to it being over. Maybe all the baby related calls will stop soon. Once we get past the due date we then have to get through the holidays. I don't even know how that's going to happen. It would have been Kylie's first Christmas, it seems so unreal how different life would be if she were still alive. I visit the cemetery every day, it's only a minute away from home. That may not be where her spirit is, but that is where her body is. There was a memorial at the hospital for the families of all the babies who died there. We had a walk to remember then rushed right from there to the hospital. I was dumbstruck when I saw only two other families there. They were both miscarriages and the Mother's didn't know they were pregnant until they lost the baby. It was horrible. It's the best hospital around with the best NICU. They were the only hopital that could save my life and give Kylie a chance at survival. I know many other babies died there and I was totally horrified that almost no one showed up. It was sad.

Return to “Grief and Loss”