pp appt

A place for those bereaved to receive and offer support
brianned5

Re : pp appt

Postby brianned5 » Tue May 26, 2009 07:42 am

Your reaction to hearing about a pregnancy is normal. It was about a month after Kylie died and my cousin informed me she was pregnant with baby #2 and conceived right after Kylie died. I actually cried, then she kept emailing me gloating about being pregnant. It's still hard for me to be around her after all that she said and did. I'm still very resentful that she was lacking so much compassion, but over time it does get easier seeing pregnant woman and babies. I don't think we ever get back to the point we were before we lost our little ones.

suleaf

Postby suleaf » Sat May 23, 2009 12:18 am

The first few months are the worst- every dr appointment, every thing you do SHOULD have been in preparation for your child and instead it's a reminder of saying goodbye all the time. You are right in one thing- the pregnancy that follows will probably be healthy but happy? Normal? We function in a different kind of normal after all that has happened.... normal for us is a different adjustment.

HOWEVER, you will find the strength in you to deal with all these things- other people's pregnancies.... your sense of loss.... and on the other side of it, you will be amazed at your strength. There will always be things that bring the pain back but you also will learn how to get through it.... ((HUGS))

debbie78

Postby debbie78 » Sat May 23, 2009 07:50 am

The pain is still very sharp and your reaction to your friend telling you his gf is pregnant is completely normal. I remember after Sophie died, I couldn't even look at a pregnant woman without crying. Then my bf got pregnant, with a girl, and I felt like my heart was being ripped out.
Hang in there. It really does suck how you can go from hopeful and carefree, in complete pregnancy bliss, to this. I'm sorry. (((hugs)))

love_the_daschies

pp appt

Postby love_the_daschies » Sat May 23, 2009 05:56 am

Three weeks from the day my doctor was delivering Vincent , she was with me and the hubby to go over pathology. I have copies of the reports and just can't believe he was a perfect 20 week old when he should have been 22.5.

It can be so hard sometimes to just take a deep breath and propel yourself forward with life. I know a lot of that is because the pain is so fresh right now. The attending said something along the lines of a hopeful next time we will have a healthy happy pregnancy - blah blah. I was like, you really think I will have have anything normal - never mind a normal pregnancy after this. He agreed.

Someone I know told me his gf is 14 weeks yesterday. The pain actually hurt and made me lose my breath for a second. I pulled together and wished him luck.

funny how quickly life can take a turn for the worst :(

Return to “Grief and Loss”