A place for those bereaved to receive and offer support
denise

Re : Lost my baby at 27 weeks

Postby denise » Thu May 28, 2009 10:30 pm

I am so sorry.

sanjay_sg

Postby sanjay_sg » Thu May 28, 2009 09:21 pm

Dear All, It is really great to hear all positive stories which gives me more confident and encouragement. The worst part for me is my wife does not know about our baby yet and doctors advised us not to tell now because of her bp level as it will lead to depression.
You know how bad and hurting it is to tell her every time that baby is doing well in incubator with heavy heart.
Once she's ready I need to open this topic to her and I've to console here a lot. This forum is also going to be my trumpcard to show her all these successful stories which will console her I hope.
Thanks again for all your support. Once my wife is all ready I'll ask her to continue this forum.

wrennie

Postby wrennie » Thu May 28, 2009 09:10 pm

Sanjay, i am so sorry for your loss. PE takes away what is most precious to us and it is not fair. I understand the feeling that this is the worst time in your life and my heart breaks for you and your wife. No one should have to know this pain and all of us here unfortunately do. The great thing about this site is that you will find people to support you and learn that you are not alone. It is not expected to lose a baby, and when it happens it is easy to feel lost and lonely. Grief is a difficult journey and I hope that you are able to be strong and help your wife along the way. I know that my husbands support was vital to me learning to know the sadness of losing my baby. He held my hand when I needed to talk, he held me in his arms when I needed to cry, and he was always there for me...whatever I needed, he was there. Through this journey, my husband and I grew very close together. We found a stronger love from our loss of Elodie. I always say that this is Elodies biggest gift to our family...she has changed our lives. Over time, I have come to recognize her gifts to us and am able to focus more on those positives than my sadness of her not being with us. I do think of her all the time still, I think I always will, she was supposed to be here and is not. It leaves a hole.

I did go on to have a second baby. I had mild PE and was on hospital bedrest for 9 weeks. But, little Aylah came safely at 37 weeks. It can happen and often does happen, and I hope for you and your wife it does as well.

Let her know we are waiting for her here, whenever she is ready to talk.

joker

Postby joker » Thu May 28, 2009 12:52 am

I am so sorry to hear about your loss. My husband and I lost our first daughter almost two years ago. It is a terrible pain to lose a child.

We recently had a healthy daughter born in April, while my pregnancy was complicated with hypertension and a few other problems, she was born at 34 weeks and was overall very healthy.

shierman

Postby shierman » Thu May 28, 2009 12:35 am

Sanjay, I am so sorry to hear about your loss. My husband and I lost our son at 26 weeks last May. It was a very difficult time and I wish I'd found this forum earlier- the support from the women is incredible. I cannot personally answer your question about subsequent pregnancies other than to say that time will tell. There are many who have had successful pregnancies after losing a child to PE and I hope that you and your wife will take comfort in that knowledge.

In the meantime, make sure to take the time to grieve for your child. My husband and I wanted to move forward by having a baby as quickly as we could. Fortunately, our MFM recommended waiting at least 9 months before trying again. It gave us valuable time to work through our grief- and believe me when I say there is much to work through. Take your time, be gentle with yourselves, and let us know if we can help in any way.

love_the_daschies

Postby love_the_daschies » Thu May 28, 2009 11:41 am

I am so sorry to hear of your loss. I am new to this myself losing my son at 22 weeks 4 weeks ago. I hope your wife and you are able to spend some time with each other. Even sitting around crying is somehow better when my husband is with me. I hope your wife recovers quickly - and I am very sorry she will have to hear the news that the baby didn't make it.

This was my first pregnancy. My doctors are very optimistic for another pregnancy. All the doctors are on board with trying again in 6 months (not sure if I will be ). There will be lots of monitoring they have informed me. They are already testing for underlying disorders and have recommended medications for the next pregnancy. I too feel more comfortable feeling hopeful for the future. Knowing I have that journey in a few months has allowed me to place it in the back of my mind and focus on remembering my Vincent

Jamie

suleaf

Postby suleaf » Thu May 28, 2009 05:52 am

Oh Sanjay I am so sorry. Truly for both you and your wife....

Sanjay, I lost my daughter Mira at 24 weeks. I just had a son, Samar, with no preeclampsia 7 weeks ago. But take the time to grieve and heal and mourn for your baby... and in time, move forward..... but there is hope and light after all the darkness.

clayjmw

Postby clayjmw » Wed May 27, 2009 10:23 pm

Sanja, I am so sorry I know how you feel and I want you to know that I am thinking of you and your wife...We are here if you need us.

jamie w

Postby jamie w » Wed May 27, 2009 06:47 pm

I am so very sorry for the loss of your sweet baby! There are many women here who have had terrible losses and gone on to have successful pregnancies with healthy babies. Please keep coming here for support!

annes
Forum Moderator

Postby annes » Wed May 27, 2009 01:30 pm

Sanjay, I responded to your other post, but wanted to repeat how sorry I am for you and your wife.

Return to “Grief and Loss”