Dumb Dumb Dumb

A place for those bereaved to receive and offer support

Re : Dumb Dumb Dumb

Postby arj » Wed May 26, 2004 11:56 pm

I am SO sorry that this has happened to you and your husband. What a slap in the face... He's serving this country with honor and this is how he and his family are treated. Ahhh the military. So full of compassion (yeah, right)....so lacking in common sense and attention to detail, which is what it should have.

How tempting is it for you to jump the chain of command and just show up on the Commander's doorstep for an explanation? I tell you what, if it were me or my husband, you'd better believe that's what would happen. I can't imagine how furious you must be.

Allison (28)
DS-Evan, 7/19/2003. PE at 40 weeks

Dumb Dumb Dumb

Postby angelkat » Wed May 26, 2004 08:37 pm

Warning this is a VENT a HUGE VENT!!!....

Today in the mail DH gets a letter from the Commander of the base telling us that we need to bring Katlyne down to get her shots right away because she is way behind in receiving them!!!.... I thought when they did this last year they would have put it in the records that Katlyne passed away but NO... They have no clue. I was so angry I called the head Doc (we work together in the ER so he DOES know what's up) and I told him about the letter DH received in the mail. Of course, he said he was sorry and would get to the bottom of it. BUT, not only are we "required" to bring our daughter down to the clinic BUT my DH has to answer why she hasn't had her shots yet....DH is all ready for Monday when he has to appear in front of them, lets see I pulled out 2.3 MILLION dollars worth of medical bills along with a death certificate which is all in her chart. Maybe that will get them to look in a chart before being STUIPD!!!!.....

Ok I feel better (I think!!)

Moderator Grief and Loss
Mommy to
Drew(13)PE 37 wks
Ky (11)PE 34 wks
~i~ Katlyne(12/9/02-04/02/03)25 wks
Casey Looking at Aug
Katlyne's Tribute Site

Return to “Grief and Loss”