Terrible effects of Preeclampsia

A place for those bereaved to receive and offer support
rosemary
Forum Moderator

Re : Terrible effects of Preeclampsia

Postby rosemary » Tue Oct 04, 638625 10:17 pm

Leeann, I am terribly sorry for the loss of your sweet Olivia. What a beautiful name. Please try to remember, that you did the best that you could in a situation that no parent should ever have to be in. There are many here who understand and we will be glad to offer any support that we can. You are welcomed to post as often as you like. Ask questions, share, vent, whatever it is that you need or want to talk about - we're here for you.

Please take it easy and be gentle with yourself. My thoughts are with you.

kbunsey

Postby kbunsey » Tue Oct 04, 638625 10:45 am

I am very sorry for the loss of your precious Olivia. Keep posting. Keep taking care of yourself. Be gentle. Get some rest. Allow yourself to feel whatever comes up. Spend time with your husband, hugging and holding each other. Cry all you need to and don't even for one moment think there is anything you did to cause this. I have often felt betrayed by my body - but - know this - you did nothing wrong!

Preeclampsia is a horrible and vicious disease that robs us in so many different and painful ways. Try to direct your anger at PE if you need to put it somewhere. It isn't fair what this disease does to us and our children.

My heart goes out to you and your husband. Let us know what we can do for you.

jamie w

Postby jamie w » Mon Oct 03, 638625 11:47 pm

I am so very sorry for the loss of your precious angel! I cannot begin to imagine the pain you are going through. There are many ladies here who unfortunately have been where you are. This is a great place to find support. Be gentle with yourself and come here often!!

leeann34

Terrible effects of Preeclampsia

Postby leeann34 » Mon Oct 03, 638625 11:10 pm

I am heartbroken. I lost my daughter Olivia on Sept 1, 2009. She was our first child. It is the worse experience any mother can or should be allowed to experience. I had to have an emergency c-section at 23 weeks and 6 days because of Preeclampsia. Olivia did well for awhile, but developed necrotising entercolitis exactly on the day she turned two months old. She fought hard to overcome it, but in the end had severe brain damage. My husband and I decided to stop aggressive treatment... another decesion parents should never have to make. I still get angry. I feel as though my body betrayed me even though I know it wasn't my fault. Olivia had to fight so hard to live because my body didn't do what it was suppossed to do. I think about it and cry often. I can't describe in words my sorrow and how badly I wanted Olivia in my life.

Return to “Grief and Loss”