Am I wrong not to go????

A place for those bereaved to receive and offer support

Re : Am I wrong not to go????

Postby for faith » Mon Jan 25, 2010 02:32 pm

Little late, but so want to add, NO don't push yourself! If you have never had a loss like ours, you don't get it (even the ones with the best intentions). It took me a long, long time to go to parties, especially baby showers (I didn't even have one for my son after we lost my daughter, just couldn't bear it). Please be easy on yourself and don't let others push you, even if they think it will make you feel better, take things at your own pace. Hugs to you.
for faith

Postby naomihope427 » Mon Jan 25, 2010 08:45 pm

Thank you very much! I definitely will not push myself, I refuse to, I just cant do it. Now my friend, she lost her daughter, same month Naomi was born. (4/2009) and well she texted me maybe 2-3 months after, saying she is pregnant. Yet grieving, and having another baby is very emotional, I hear. But she asked me, said I didnt have to, but invit4ed me to her baby shower, shes having a boy. The baby shower is March 27, (Naomi would be 11 months old). I dont think I will be going, I want to try and go for her, but she said she would understand as well. It hasnt even been a year yet and I just dont think I can go through with it. But thank you all so much.
naomihope427

Postby brianned5 » Wed Jan 27, 2010 08:51 am

You're not wrong at all. Since losing my first daughter I also find it easier to be around women pregnant with boys. Weird huh? I don't know if it stems from the fact that Kylie was the first girl on DH's side of the family and the first girl in 12 years on my side. As for baby showers, It's been 18 months since Kylie died and I still won't go to a baby shower. They had to drag me to my shower with my second daughter and that shower was very hard on me, and it was my own. I've tried to make myself do things I'm not ready for and it just ends with me being even more miserable and upset. Take it easy. Everyone should understand.
brianned5

Postby naomihope427 » Thu Jan 28, 2010 05:25 pm

Thank you! No worries on being late. I haven't yet told my friend if id go yet she said she didn't need to know til March. Im on the no side of going. I only seen her once since she's been pregnant and she wasn't showing . Now she's like 24 weeks and I think is big. Id rather not see if. Even though she's having a boy, im not ready. I know im not and it would tear mr apart. Just yesterday I went to the hospital (different one than where Naomi was born) I went to visit a friend. I saw them taking her blood pressure and I happened to turn around when the ? mrk was on the screen. Flashbacks came. From when they were working on Naomi to save her. Oh it was awful. =/ I had to run out of there. Everything just stinks. Everything gets to me easily. Reminders of me being in the hospital and being Naomi would have been 9 months old yesterday..=/
naomihope427

Postby naomihope427 » Thu Jan 28, 2010 05:31 pm

Thank you! No worries on being late. I haven't yet told my friend if id go yet she said she didn't need to know til March. Im on the no side of going. I only seen her once since she's been pregnant and she wasn't showing . Now she's like 24 weeks and I think is big. Id rather not see if. Even though she's having a boy, im not ready. I know im not and it would tear mr apart. Just yesterday I went to the hospital (different one than where Naomi was born) I went to visit a friend. I saw them taking her blood pressure and I happened to turn around when the ? mrk was on the screen. Flashbacks came. From when they were working on Naomi to save her. Oh it was awful. =/ I had to run out of there. Everything just stinks. Everything gets to me easily. Reminders of me being in the hospital and being Naomi would have been 9 months old yesterday..=/
naomihope427

Postby brandi101 » Thu Feb 18, 2010 02:18 pm

i dont think ur wrong either i was babysitting for my sister when i lost my little girl she had an infant girl at the time and i could not hold her and its still hard for me too hold an infant
brandi101

Previous

Return to Grief and Loss