Sad Valentine's Day

A place for those bereaved to receive and offer support
Forum Moderator

Re : Sad Valentine's Day

Postby sam10 » Thu Apr 01, 2010 11:37 pm

Hi Heather,

Thank you for posting your story, you are speaking from my heart! I feel with you. I am so sorry for your loss!

I always felt that our son Henry suffered, even though he was sedated most of the time. He also pulled on his breathing tubes and other life supporting cables. He made the decision to leave us, so his suffering ended after only one week. But we were with him when he went.

I am still unable to write down my whole story. It's too hard.

Postby jean » Thu Apr 01, 2010 09:12 pm

Thank you for posting this. I feel such guilt for taking our baby off of his support. Even though I know he would have suffered if we hadn't, I'm just hurting so very badly. The LAST thing I would EVER want is to lose my baby, and yet we are the ones that gave the final word on it. :~( I tried counseling and it didn't help me. I am so devastated. I appreciate any kind words anyone could give on withdrawl of support. The days surrounding Valentine's Day is sad for us as well.

Forum Moderator

Postby rosemary » Sat Feb 13, 2010 02:49 pm

Heather...many...many hugs to you. My thoughts will be with you this weekend. Wishing you a peaceful weekend.

Postby blznbec » Fri Feb 12, 2010 11:36 pm

Heather and Leanne...amazing stories that truly say how amazing both you and your husbands must be.

Postby angieb » Fri Feb 12, 2010 06:43 pm

I'm sorry for your loss and will be thinking of you this weekend.

for faith

Postby for faith » Fri Feb 12, 2010 05:45 pm

Heather - Thanks for sharing that again, I so had so many of those same feelings and I know that this will touch many......sending many hugs to you, thinking of you and Seth.

Postby shierman » Fri Feb 12, 2010 03:43 pm

The tears are streaming down my face as I type this. Thank you so much for sharing that with us- what a wonderful tribute of love for Seth and statement of God's grace. I am confident that you both be reunited with Seth someday- and what an incredible day that will be!

Postby beiram » Fri Feb 12, 2010 01:47 pm

Heather, thank you so much for sharing the memorial you wrote for your son Seth. It brought tears to my eyes. As a matter of fact, I felt like I couldn't breath for a second as I kept reading. So many memories came back to my mind. I went through the exact same thing with my baby boy who passed away after fighting for 10 months. It is heartbreaking to see how much pain these little ones have to endure for being born so early, and yet feeling so helpless. The joy of being a parent is completely taken away when you watch your child suffering that much.
I can say that both my husband and I are in peace with our decision of taking him off of life support because as you said, someone Higher than us had already made the desicion of what his path would be. We just had a saying on how to give him the most loving and peaceful passing he could have. And it truly was peaceful. I also thank God that 2 years later we know that we did the right thing. So I know how you feel, and for that I'll be thinking of you and your sweet Seth tomorrow.

Forum Moderator

Postby annes » Fri Feb 12, 2010 12:50 am

(((Heather))) I will be thinking about you, dh and your precious baby Seth this weekend. Thank you for sharing your thoughts again, they will help others dealing with decisions they have made, and hopefully help them have some peace with those decisions.

Postby l412angel » Fri Feb 12, 2010 11:19 am

Heather I have goosebumps! Thank you so much for that beautiful story! Im so sorry you had to make that decision. I cannot imagine. I will be thinking of you on saturday!

Return to “Grief and Loss”