Loss of a baby as a surrogate

A place for those bereaved to receive and offer support

Loss of a baby as a surrogate

Postby animalfriendly1 » Fri Feb 19, 2010 07:29 pm

I lost the baby at 20w6d as a surrogate. I got severe preeclampsia. The weird thing is that the IM had severe PE and this is why she needed a surrogate. I now wonder if PE is genetic. I know from research that no one really knows what causes it.

I heard there is another surrogate on this site who experienced a loss. I'd like to get in touch with her...

Even though I was not Hannah's biological mother, this has been very hard. I had a terrible dream last night..in my dream I was working with a different couple but kept forgetting to do things I was supposed to (meds and stuff) then they quit on me. I woke up turned on my light crying just wanting to do it right, and promising I would. I don't feel guilty, but maybe my subconscious does? The communication with my couple hasn't been the best lately either.

Thanks for listening.
animalfriendly1

Re : Loss of a baby as a surrogate

Postby rosemary » Fri Feb 19, 2010 08:08 pm

Cristi, I am so very sorry for your loss and all that you have been through. The loss of a baby, whether biological or not, is just heartbreaking. I hope that we can help you find the information that you are seeking. Please know that you are welcomed to share whatever you are comfortable with...we're here to listen and support in anyway that we can. Please take care.
rosemary
Forum Moderator

Re : Loss of a baby as a surrogate

Postby annes » Sat Feb 20, 2010 02:40 pm

Cristi, I am so sorry for all that you are going through. As Ro said, we are here to listen and help in whatever way we can. Take care of yourself.
annes
Forum Moderator

Return to Grief and Loss