Mother's Day

A place for those bereaved to receive and offer support

Mother's Day

Postby jean » Sat Apr 24, 2010 10:32 pm

I am so dreading Mother's Day coming up...I was a mom, but now I'm not...(well, not to anyone living)...I am so empty and sad. And scared too..I want to try again, but I don't want to die or have another baby die. :~(
Mother's Day is just a cruel reminder.
jean

Re : Mother's Day

Postby rosemary » Sun Apr 25, 2010 11:06 am

Jean Mother's Day is certainly a reminder of what should be. I am truly sorry for your loss and all that you have been through. Wishing you peace (((HUGS))).
rosemary
Forum Moderator

Postby josiah1112 » Sun Apr 25, 2010 12:35 am

I'm sorry, Jean. I remember being in your shoes... it
is a hard place to be. I remember e-mailing my friends and
telling them i would be offended if they did not acknowledge me on
that day..

josiah1112

Postby angieb » Sun Apr 25, 2010 06:49 pm

It's funny you mentioned this, I was just sitting at the McDonald's drive thru waiting for our order (because we're healthy like that), and had to really fight the tears so they didn't think I'm insane, because I was thinking about Mother's Day coming up in a couple of weeks.

Just...ugh.

This really sucks, doesn't it? Big hugs to you.
angieb

Postby sam10 » Sun Apr 25, 2010 07:50 pm

Hello Jean,

This is such a hard time, and I am dreading it too! But somebody started the international babylost mother's day, which makes me feel so much better. I'll celebrate on May 2nd! Hope you also find this helpful and comforting. http://internationalbabylostmothersday.blogspot.com/

For those of you who do not know, Carly from Love Reign Over Me has created
an International Babylost Mother's Day. It will be held the first Sunday of May each year.
This year it will be held on Sunday May 2nd. This day recognizes that all women who have lost a child
are still mothers.

As Carly says, on this special day in May we come together to celebrate our connection,
our children, and our hope for the future.
International Babylost Mother's Day is a day for love, peace, remembrance, and recognition.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_Xa8v4YFL6BE/S2pQt0_03nI/AAAAAAAANlM/avqWYMofGtA/s400/dbluewm.JPG
sam10
Forum Moderator

Postby annes » Mon Apr 26, 2010 01:57 pm

Mother's day is a really hard day, my best advice is to make a plan of something to do that day, even if it is just to stay home and watch movies. Let people in your life know what your plan is, so that they have no expectations about what you can handle and no one's felings will be hurt. The first year that Griffin died, I made a donation to my favorite charity (PF) in the names of my family members and sent out mother's day cards letting them know that early. On that day I could just be alone with my husband and living son and just be quiet and sad. Take care of yourself.
annes
Forum Moderator

Return to Grief and Loss