Baby passed away one week ago

A place for those bereaved to receive and offer support

Baby passed away one week ago

Postby krumlovgirl » Sun Aug 29, 2010 10:31 pm

I am so angry...I just don't know who to be angry at. At 35 weeks pregnant I had a lot of swelling. It hurt to walk and my face, neck, and hands puffed up. I also had a terrible headache. I went to my primary care physician who found protein in my urine. Sensing preeclampsia, they immediately sent me to my midwife. They tested me, found no protein, said the swelling was normal, and sent me home. 5 days later I had my regular appointment. By then I had borrowed a wheelchair because I could barely walk. My legs were swollen that much. Plus, I had a lot of pain in my abdomen. Again, the midwife said I was fine. Less than 48 hours later I was hemmhoraging. I was rushed to the hospital by ambulance where I delivered at 36 weeks. The hospital diagnosed me with preeclampsia and placental abruption.

My baby was born perfectly healthy although at 4 weeks was diagnosed with silent acid reflux. One week ago, at 6 weeks, he died of SIDS. We burried him last Wednesday.

I don't know if it's anyone's fault, but I am still angry. Why didn't my midwife take my concerns seriously? Why did the hospital release us after 2 nights even though he was 4 weeks early? Why didn't he get sent home with a sleep apnea monitor? And, of course, why did my baby have to die? These are all questions I have.

Return to “Grief and Loss”