Morbid thoughts

A place for those bereaved to receive and offer support

Morbid thoughts

Postby l412angel » Sat Oct 09, 2010 07:44 pm

So every appointment I have I get so nervous there will be no HB...I have a ultrasound monday and am so nervous the baby wont be alive...I dont know why but I feel this way every time...I think about it a lot too...because obviously Cara was gone inside of me for a day or so and I had no idea...so how would I know this time. Ugh :( Anyone know how to deal with this?
l412angel

Re : Morbid thoughts

Postby kerisue » Sat Oct 09, 2010 08:41 pm

I had those fears every single time I went to the doctor when I was pregnant with Millie- and that was before I knew anything about PE at all! Some of us are just worriers I guess (and as it turned out had reason to worry)
Next time (if there is one) I think I might get one of those dopplers so I listen to the heart beat. Other than that I don't have any sage advice for how to stop worrying. Good luck Laura.
kerisue
Forum Moderator

Postby rosemary » Sat Oct 09, 2010 11:08 pm

Laura... After a loss, and the heartbreak it brings, it's so hard to just relax and enjoy a pregnancy. I don't know how to tell you not to worry...never mastered that myself. But maybe something that you can do, each and everytime you hear that heartbeat...take a deep, deep breath and smile and enjoy that moment. Hugs...and my thoughts will be with you on Monday.
rosemary
Forum Moderator

Postby m » Sat Oct 09, 2010 11:47 pm

I got a home fetal doppler for my second pregnancy and it helped a lot but I was still a nervous wreck before all my ultrasounds. Some people seem to discourage have a home fetal doppler because you might use it in place of calling in when you need to, but if you just use it to get that reassurance of a heartbeat I think it's great.
m

Postby jules2 » Mon Oct 11, 2010 04:26 am

I feel like this too - even at 29 weeks when I can feel the baby moving a lot (but if she stops for a moment, I'm trying to prod her to wake up again ... its me keeping the baby awake at the moment :-)

I think I've just accepted that's how it is for me with pregnancy.
jules2

Return to Grief and Loss