Post Reply FAQ Members Login

Forget Me Not

A place for those bereaved to receive and offer support

Forget Me Not

Postby naomihope427 » Tue Oct 12, 2010 01:21 pm

I was looking at videos in my camera, and Naomi's popped up and I watched 2 mins out of the 3 minutes of video. I heard myself talking to her on there and asking her to open her eyes for mommy, and she did. Tears started streaming down my face and I just couldnt watch anymore. Seeing her in that thing, and hearing the beeping noises just all brought it all back so real. I miss my sweet Naomi so much. I take her pictures I have up in my room and show them to her sister, and cry, and I tell her this is your big sister. Some day I will tell her all about her yet it will be so difficult

On Saturday, there is a Forget me Not event that I wasnt able to attend last year, due to it being so shortly after my loss of Naomi. I want to go this year for Naomi. It will be a planting of trees, lunch and butterfly release. My best friend and OB triage nurse that has seen me plenty of times this preg wants to come. I just know it will not be easy going but I must do it for Naomi and all the other sweet babies. I will need to work on a poem and bring a few pictures of Naomi.

I just miss her. So so much.
naomihope427

Re : Forget Me Not

Postby riehlism » Tue Oct 12, 2010 07:19 pm

I imagine how mixed your feelings must be about Naomi and Sadie. Have fun at the Forget Me Not event. Are there events everywhere? How do I find one?
riehlism

Postby kerisue » Tue Oct 12, 2010 09:00 pm

I'm so glad you have that video of Naomi to watch and remember, but it must be so difficult. I'm going to rememberance events this weekend too!
Jasmin- try here http://www.october15th.com/activities_walks.htm
kerisue
Forum Moderator

Postby holly3372@msn.com » Wed Oct 13, 2010 01:05 am

I am goimg to a forget me not as well this saturday.I'm not sure if it's everywhere but I live in Ft.Lauderdale Florida.This sunday will be only 2 months since we lost Benjamin.I am so sad and just feel the need to connect with other people that have gone through this.I hear they release butterflies and you plant a tree in your baby's honor.I am glad you are going in honor of your Naomi,I know it's hard,it's all so very hard I believe it will be good for us.
holly3372@msn.com

Postby timelessbeauty » Wed Oct 13, 2010 10:45 am

I have confidence that Naomi will give you the strength you need to tell her story and share her impact. I am so sorry for your loss and send many hugs to comfort you. There are far too many of us women who have suffered the loss of a child. it's comforting to know we are all here to share our stories and be there for each other.

We don't have any Forget Me Not events around here but we do have a Walk to Remember event around a local park where the local hospital placed a very nice statute to honor all the babies.
timelessbeauty

Postby naomihope427 » Wed Oct 13, 2010 11:40 am

Timelessbeauty-Awe thats a beautiful thing to have. I am sure they have things in every state/city, well I would hope so. If not, we should start one.

Riehlism-where do you live? I can try & help you locate an event! Or you could possibly type in something in google. But I can do some searching for you.

Kerisue-Awe, seems that there are quite a few events this weekend due to October 15th being the Infant Loss Day. :( But I am glad you will be attending an event. I couldnt go last year, they had this same one last year but 4 months it was too soon for me.

holly3372-I am so terribly sorry about the recent loss of your sweet baby boy. I was shocked to see that you live in Ft Lauderdale and will be attending an event down here. I live in FL was well, in broward county, and the event too I am going to is Saturday and near hollywood beach. I am wondering if by chance we are attending the same event. I will be going with my mom, best friend, and an ob nurse that took care of me. I will contact you via email to find out more information and if you are attending same one I would love to meet up with you. I have no found anyone locally here yet on the forums.
naomihope427

Postby holly3372@msn.com » Wed Oct 13, 2010 10:39 pm

Yes I am in Broward County and Yes it's in Hollywood!!!I would love to meet in person.I am also going to a support group that meets once a month for people who have lost a baby.I will give you the info if you don't already know.I'm glad you are going!
holly3372@msn.com

Postby naomihope427 » Thu Oct 14, 2010 10:24 am

Thats just wonderful that this is the same event. I told my mom and I thought its just gotta be same event we are attending and I told some of the pre e girls I speak to often. I used to go to a monthly support group back a couple months ago last time was prob Dec/Jan, at the hospital I had/lost her at. Then I stopped it was too hard to go.
naomihope427

Return to Grief and Loss