Pink Box Under Our Tree

A place for those bereaved to receive and offer support

Pink Box Under Our Tree

Postby kbunsey » Sun Dec 26, 2010 07:42 pm

I might be a little goofed up. I impulse bought a pack of NB-3mo pink baby girl bodysuits and a pink newborn cap at Target the other day. I wrapped them in pink sparkle paper (Lurex) with sparkly silvery ribbon and a sparkly bow. I put them under the tree in an unmarked box. The box is still there. Nobody asked about it. I didn't tell anybody anything. I've gone through phases of eyeing and touching all the pretty little baby girl clothes while shopping for Kyle over the past year. They're just so darn cute. I hadn't really looked at anything lately. And I've never bought anything. But, I couldn't stop myself the other day. I didn't want to. I just wanted it. And I wanted to wrap the things in this really pretty pink Lurex paper. We have a giant roll. So I did. I donno...
Katie, married to Doug. Mom to Fiona Elizabeth, stillborn June 21, 2008 @ 26w; Severe Preeclampsia. Loved. Kyle James, born October 29, 2009 @ 39w; Healthy and PE Free!!! Josephine, born Nov.17, 2011 @ 39w; PE free again. Woot!
kbunsey

Re: Pink Box Under Our Tree

Postby kerisue » Sun Dec 26, 2010 11:49 pm

I don't think that's off or crazy or goofy at all. That's totally something I would do if I could even look at baby girl clothes right now. I say leave them there for as long as you need. Hide them away and put them out next year. Maybe someday will be the right time to donate them somewhere.
Mama to Millie
born June 2010 @ 24 wks. gestation due to my severe PE and CHF
lived 25 days, loved and missed
kerisue
Forum Moderator

Postby sam10 » Mon Dec 27, 2010 09:53 am

I actually like this idea a lot. We have all different ways of dealing with the loss of our babies, so do whatever feels right to you.
~Julija (40)
MC 3/2009 and 3/2011
Henry (1/1/2010-1/7/2010) - forever loved and missed; severe PE with Hellp; partial placental abruption, classical c-section at 25.6 weeks
Matilda (Nov. 2012, born at 35.4 weeks) - severe PE

Our pain has been put into words, placed into empty cradles, to remember that all our babies lived, that they mattered and always will. - Field of Cradles http://www.fieldofcradles.org/
sam10
Forum Moderator

Postby rosemary » Mon Dec 27, 2010 07:09 pm

I think it's a sweet idea...and a way to remember your precious girl. Each year I buy Elliott an ornament for the tree. It helps me to remember and honor his life. Wishing you peace this holiday season. (((HUGS)))
Rosemary - 47 - Central, PA
Momma to Kayleigh 8/25/88 - 36 weeks
Elliott 8/29/04 - lost at 20 weeks due to severe PE/HELLP
Proud Grandma to Max Allen 10/19/10.
rosemary
Forum Moderator

Postby joker » Thu Dec 30, 2010 10:28 pm

I don't think you are goofed up at all.

After Abby I went out and purposely bought some cute little girly outfits, and tucked them away in her memory box. I felt that I needed to buy something for just her. I never got that opportunity.

Hugs. Be kind to yourself. This grieving thing is hard.
Jen-type 1 diabetic
Abigail-born still June 29, 2007; PE/HELLP @ 18 weeks
Alison-4/17/2009; PE/HELLP @ 34 weeks
joker

Postby christina89 » Tue Jan 11, 2011 06:37 pm

I love that Idea, we bought our Zac a little santa bear to put at the top of our tree, ever year from now on, I beleive that we don't need an angel on our tree at christmas time because we have our son to look done on us every day of the year. I also bought him a few little gifts and put it in his memory box as this would have been his first christmas. Hard to beleive he would have been 6 months old already :( my heart broke reading this, the reality sinks in. we are so unfortunate in some ways and blessed as well. My mom and dad and Alans mom and dad also bought a few little things to put in his memory box. I think whatever makes your heart and mind feel better is the right thing to do.
christina89

Return to Grief and Loss