trying again and lovenox?

A place for those bereaved to receive and offer support

trying again and lovenox?

Postby dolphincrazy316 » Mon Mar 21, 2011 11:36 am

Hey there all! Its been almost a year and a half since we lost Alex. I really want to try for another baby. Some days I'm ready but others I don't feel emotionally ready! I still have my days where certain things remind me of what happened and all I want to do the rest of the day is cry! I still sometimes have flashbacks of it all and that doesn't help either. Probably the only thing keeping me sane during all this is Hayden! He's almost 6 now. So hes old enough to know about Alex. The other day we went to a garage sale and he wanted to by this little rocking horse figurine, because there is a rocking horse on Alex's headstone. So of course I bought it. He also wangted to go get balloons and take them and the rocking horse to the cemetary. I guess on that paticular day I really needed that!

we arent officially trying for another one but we aren't doing anything to not get pregnant. The way I look at it is its in Gods hands! If I get pregnant again my MFM said I would be put on lovenox or heprain, because I have that clotting disorder. Im really scared of the shots! don't like needles!! But I would do it if it meant having a healthy pregnancy! Has anybody been on either of those and what should I expect if I get put on it too? did it work for you and how far along did you get? Thanks for listening..sometimes I just need to talk about Alex and my pregnancy...
Hayden born 4-2-05 2lbs 2oz due to preeclampsia, spent 9 weeks in the NICU

Alex Bradley born in the arms of angels on 11-22-09 1lb 10oz due to preeclampsia and complete placental abruption

Baby #3 due Feb 2012
dolphincrazy316

Re: trying again and lovenox?

Postby holly3372@msn.com » Mon Mar 21, 2011 09:14 pm

Hi. I am sorry for your loss. We lost our son this past august he was born at 26 weeks and lived for four months in the nicu. I too was told I would need lovenox if I were to get pregnant again. I have seen an Ob a perinatologist and a hematologist and came armed with all my labs and wrote down any questions. I have been on a site that has been so helpful in easing my mind about the lovenox,it's called lovely lovenox ladies. Google it and join any questions you have these ladies can answer for you and then some. Good luck to you and sending you love and hope.
Benjamin Spider Reeves born 4-28-2010( 1lb 6oz 26 weeks to severe pre-e and Iugr) we lost you after 4 long months in the NICU. You fought so hard,and were so brave.Our first baby .We miss you everyday and love you forever xo

Expecting ,dreaming, and hoping for our baby Girl sometime in January 2013
holly3372@msn.com

Postby angieb » Mon Mar 21, 2011 09:25 pm

I was on lovenox from weeks 7 through 29 this pregnancy. I do not have a clotting disorder that they could find, but our daughter was severely growth restricted (less than 1 percentile) and I developed HELLP at 23 weeks the first time, so my MFM really thought the benefit was worth the risks and I agreed. I am now at 31 weeks and though there are some signs of possible trouble creeping in (nothing major, just a little swelling, some randomly higher blood pressures but not high, etc.), this is even further than they realistically expected me to make it. It's not fun, it BURNS, but you get used to it and it's definitely worth it. There are some great tips on this website too if you do a search.
Me (29) DH (30)
#1-Olivia Caetlyn-9-28-09-9-28-09, 23+2 wks, emergency classic c-section, class I HELLP, IUGR
#2- Lucas Oliver (rainbow baby)- April 2011, 36+2 wks, HELLP and pre-e free! (lovenox and LDA pregnancy)
#3-Matthew, late October 2012...mostly normal, 37 wks, (lovenox and LDA again)
My blog: http://www.butterflies-and-rainbows.blogspot.com/
angieb

Postby cmccaffrey » Mon Mar 21, 2011 09:38 pm

angieb wrote:I was on lovenox from weeks 7 through 29 this pregnancy. I do not have a clotting disorder that they could find, but our daughter was severely growth restricted (less than 1 percentile) and I developed HELLP at 23 weeks the first time, so my MFM really thought the benefit was worth the risks and I agreed. I am now at 31 weeks and though there are some signs of possible trouble creeping in (nothing major, just a little swelling, some randomly higher blood pressures but not high, etc.), this is even further than they realistically expected me to make it. It's not fun, it BURNS, but you get used to it and it's definitely worth it. There are some great tips on this website too if you do a search.

why did you go off lovenox at 29 weeks? I am just curious.
Christa (25) & J (26)
Mommy to:
Mason born 10.11.10 @ 30+3 wks due to Severe Pre-E. Only lived 2.5 days
Noah born 2.1.12 @ 38 weeks thanks to lots of doctors visits, LDA, Lovenox and no preeclampsia!

learn more about our story... http://tinyurl.com/7a979vy
cmccaffrey

Postby angieb » Tue Mar 22, 2011 07:22 am

I was on it mainly to hopefully prevent growth restriction, and at my 27 week growth ultrasound he was in the 76 percentile for growth and I had no symptoms of pre-e. And since I didn't have a clotting disorder, she didn't want me on it past 30 weeks as it can cause issues with delivery- you don't really want extra thin blood during delivery especially without a clotting disorder. (Most people with clotting disorders are switched to heparin around 32 weeks as it doesn't stay in your system as long and they can more easily reverse it.) I actually asked her if we could stop it because it had started to freak me out when the baby would kick right where I'd just injected, even though I knew it wasn't going to him or hurting him, it was a mental thing, and since I knew she was stopping it anyway, by 29 weeks I was ready to be done with it. (I did sort of wean off of it. I was on 2 shots, 60 mg a day, from week 7 through about week 24. At week 24, I asked to cut the dose in half, knowing I'd go off it soon, so she agreed to do just 1 shot/30 mg a day for the last month or so. I'm still on LDA and have been on it since my + test, and I'm not sure if she's going to have me stop it before delivery or not.)
Me (29) DH (30)
#1-Olivia Caetlyn-9-28-09-9-28-09, 23+2 wks, emergency classic c-section, class I HELLP, IUGR
#2- Lucas Oliver (rainbow baby)- April 2011, 36+2 wks, HELLP and pre-e free! (lovenox and LDA pregnancy)
#3-Matthew, late October 2012...mostly normal, 37 wks, (lovenox and LDA again)
My blog: http://www.butterflies-and-rainbows.blogspot.com/
angieb

Postby pipper » Mon Mar 28, 2011 09:40 pm

I was on Lovenox during my last pregnancy as well as this one. It does burn, but like anything, you get used to it and you find little things that ease the pain. It may be a false sense of security, but it always made me feel kind of good, like you're doing SOMETHING to prevent such a seemingly unpreventable thing. I got to 34 weeks exactly with my son due to my blood pressure creeping up. He spent 17 days in the NICU and is just an awesome 14 month old. I am really happy we decided to try again after we lost our first. I must say this though, how wonderful it is that you have little Hayden! When we lost our son at 28 weeks, we waited a few months and then started foster care. We soon got a little 5 month old (named Hayden :D ) that had been beaten almost to death and starved. We had him the whole time I was pregnant and then until my son was 7 months old (his family then showed up)and NOTHING, not the Lovenox, extra doctor visits, etc, made me feel better than having that little man. I really think our children give us more strength than we could ever give them. Good luck!
me-25 years old
dh-31 years old
Baby Biko, here and gone Nov.28,2008 at 28 weeks due to severe HELLP.
Remy born Feb.4,2010 at 34 weeks (3 lbs 10 oz) due to Preeclampsia. Lovely and so healthy!
Balu born Oct.21,2011 at 37 week. PE and HELLP free!
pipper

Return to Grief and Loss