Post Reply FAQ Members Login

Well today is Shane's due date..

A place for those bereaved to receive and offer support

Well today is Shane's due date..

Postby craigh » Thu Jul 15, 2004 04:31 pm

Well the day I looked forward too for so long then swung to a day I dreaded is now here. Today is the day we expected to bring Shane into the world. I feel like im kind of numb to everything today. Heather, her sister, her sisters 8 month old daughter and I all went to have lunch with my mother. Along the way they desided they wanted to do some shopping in Carter's. I didnt realize how hard that would be, I had to leave the store because it was just too much for today. Tonight when we bring his urn to bed with us I think I'll say a special prayer to him. I glad today is behind us now, perhaps it will help to ease the pain. [:(] Thanks for listening! God bless..

Craig

-------------------
Mom and I love and miss you very much.. Shane Andrew, April 25, 2004
craigh

Re : Well today is Shane's due date..

Postby angelkat » Thu Jul 15, 2004 04:59 pm

Craig...

Due dates, angel dates and birthday's are the hardest to get thru. The first year is the worst.

My thoughts and prayers are with you and Heather today and always....

Hugs
~T
Moderator Grief and Loss
Mommy to
Drew(13)PE 37 wks
Ky (11)PE 34 wks
~i~ Katlyne(12/9/02-04/02/03)25 wks
Casey Looking at Aug
Katlyne's Tribute Site
http://forevernetwork.com/lifestories/lifestory.cfm?Archive_ID=10971&Directory=/Archives/MountHope&Sort=V
angelkat

Postby kimb » Thu Jul 15, 2004 06:23 pm

My thoughts are with you and your wife today. Those anniversary dates are especially difficult. Six months after losing Will I did ok buying an outfit for a friends newborn - but I haven't had the courage to go meet their little boy or give it to him. So I run across it every now and then - seeing baby clothes in the house is hard. We too have Will's urn in the bedroom - it just feels the right place. We have a curio cabinet with some other things we were given to remember him - and we had it there for a while - but it felt too detached for me. Having him in the bedroom for me he feels much closer - and I talk to him as I pass by to go to the hot tub or to bed or as I put away laundry. I hope that now that his due date is past it brings some peace for you and your wife.

Kim 35
William Michael - my angel - pe/HELLP 7/7/03
kimb

Postby craigh » Thu Jul 15, 2004 07:10 pm

Thank you! Yes he comes to bed with us every night, sits on the dresser next to our bed.. In the morning we bring him out by the window for the day until bed time again. I know exactly what you mean, it just feels better with him there. Unfortunatly, I leave for Montana on a business trip the last week of July, this will be the first time I am away from him and not had him by my side at night since he was born, heather as well.. It will be tough to get to sleep! I just wont feel right..

-------------------
Mom and I love and miss you very much.. Shane Andrew, April 25, 2004
craigh

Postby kimb » Thu Jul 15, 2004 10:42 pm

The first time we went away for a weekend after losing Will - it really did feel like we were leaving him behind. One thing about it though is that our little ones are with us wherever we are - and we can talk to them at any time and they know we love them, for Heather you'll have to dial the phone, but Shane will still be there in Montana with his dad and with his mom at home. I had to do a sleep study about 6 weeks after I lost Will as they found I had sleep apnea when I was in the hospital. It was the first night I had ever slept away from my husband and I so missed my baby. I thought there was no way I would sleep deep enough for them to get the info they needed! I took a picture of Mike and I and put it beside the bed and had my necklace that my husband got me with William's name - so they were both there with me. And surprisingly I had a pretty "normal" night of sleep. For me the apprehension is always worse than the actual - I hope the same for you.

Kim 35
William Michael - my angel - pe/HELLP 7/7/03
kimb

Postby jenn » Fri Jul 16, 2004 05:15 am

Craig, Sorry this is a day late...But big hugs to you and your wife.
I hope your evening with Shane was memorable. Being in my parents bed always left me feeling loved and safe. I'm sure he's smiling down feeling the same way.
Lots of love!

Jennie (24)
Shad DH (29)

Jaidyn 1.24.01 (30 wkr)
Severe PE/HELLP
2lb. 12oz.

Heavenly Angel:
Blaze
(miscarriage)

Natalia Rosse
Due Thanksgiving day!

http://www.babiesonline.com/babies/j/jaid/ (updated May 26th, u/s photos in J's gallery)
jenn
Forum Moderator

Postby julie f » Fri Jul 16, 2004 09:53 am

Craig,

Sending my thoughts and prayers over to you and Heather. For me, passing the due date was in some was a double-edged sword. I was finally able to put behind me the days that I "should" have been feeling the baby move, that I "should" have been taking childbirth classes, that I "should" have been delivering my baby, etc. Of course, then came Thanksgiving and Christmas when I "should" have had my baby home with me... But, all in all, it was a turning point, i started being able to look towards the future with a bit more hope. I started to plan a bit for the future and really started to beleive that it might be possible to bring home a baby one day...

After we lost Zach, it was very hard for me to be away from my husband for anything longer than a work day... Slowly, that has gotten better although I do still find myself clinging to him more than I ever used to. I know it will be hard to be away from Heather, maybe you can leave her some sweet reminders of you to make the time go by a bit faster.

Thinking of you,

Julie (27)
Zachary James, 7/22/03-7/27/03, born at 26wks - severe pe

Miracle in progress... #2 is due February 2005!!!

Southern California Coordinator
julie f

Postby for faith » Fri Jul 16, 2004 09:55 am

HUGS to you Craig & Heather ~ Faith's due date was so hard too (it was in March and she passed in January). We are coming up on the 6 month anniversary of her passing.

Each anniversary is so hard. Know he will always be in your heart, but I hope that the pain eases as time passes.

Jill
mommy to:
Tyler - 4 (36 wks, PIH)
Angel baby - 1/20/03 (11 wks)
Faith Kristine - 1/5/04-1/30/04 (30 weeks due to severe PE, passed due to NEC & Sepsis(preemie complications))

trying for #2 to share our lives with since 9/02
for faith

Return to Grief and Loss