I'm not making this up

A place for those bereaved to receive and offer support
Forum Moderator

Re: I'm not making this up

Postby caryn » Sat Jan 07, 2012 11:20 am

Science! The articles you don't want to miss:
The Preeclampsia Puzzle (New Yorker) and Silent Struggle: A New Theory of Pregnancy (New York Times)
Looking for recent articles and studies?
A chance to participate in research? For us on Facebook or Twitter?

Caryn, @carynjrogers, who is not a doctor and who talks about science stuff *way* too much
DS Oscar born by emergent C-section at 34 weeks for fetal indicators, due to severe PE
DD Bridget born by C-section after water broke at 39 weeks after a healthy pregnancy

I'm not making this up

Postby MissingMolly » Sat Jan 07, 2012 03:22 am

Okay, so I went to see my primary doctor today about possibly getting on an antidepressant, and she asked me, was I still sad because of my pregnancy? Um, yeah, it's only been a little over 2 months since my baby died and I almost died. Add to that the worry of potentially never being able to have a successful pregnancy in the future. I was crying a little and wiping the tears away, at which point she asked me, "When was the last time you saw an eye doctor? Have your eyes been leaking like that a lot?"

I have to hand it to her: She almost succeeded in making me laugh.
Mommy to Molly, who was born alive on Oct. 29, 2011 at 23+3 weeks due to severe pre-eclampsia/HELLP syndrome and passed away 3 hours later. Loved and missed every minute of every day...."If love could have saved you, you would have lived forever."

Return to “Grief and Loss”