Post Reply FAQ Members Login

Bittersweet

A place for those bereaved to receive and offer support

Bittersweet

Postby holly3372@msn.com » Sun Aug 19, 2012 10:38 am

Hi. Friday was the anniversary of our son Benjamin's death. It is 2 years now, 2 years one by. It feels like forever ago, yet like only yesterday all at the same time. It is ironic that friday was also my doctors appointment, I am 16 weeks pregnant. At first I thought to change the date but my husband and I thought that maybe it's meant to be maybe we will get some good news. We did, my bp was good, baby looked great , all measurements so far so good and we found out we are having a girl. I know I should be happy and I mean I am I am so grateful for any good news bevause we didn't get much in my last pregnancy. I know it's normal to feel the way I do. I am just filled with so many emotions. I am grief stricken all over again this week remembering everything and missing my son terribly. I try to stay calm and positive anything to keep this new baby going and growing but oh how I hurt. I didn't realize how it would feel being pregnant again after losing your baby. It truly is so very bittersweet.
Benjamin Spider Reeves born 4-28-2010( 1lb 6oz 26 weeks to severe pre-e and Iugr) we lost you after 4 long months in the NICU. You fought so hard,and were so brave.Our first baby .We miss you everyday and love you forever xo

Expecting ,dreaming, and hoping for our baby Girl sometime in January 2013
holly3372@msn.com

Re: Bittersweet

Postby m » Sun Aug 19, 2012 11:34 am

Yes, it is so difficult to be pregnant after a loss. I can really relate to how you are feeling. So many mixed emotions. But, it's great that you got good news at your appointment!
DS 2/5/09 - 2/13/09; severe PE at 28 weeks
DD March 2010; PIH, preterm labor at 36 weeks, 10 days NICU
m

Postby kerisue » Sun Aug 19, 2012 01:35 pm

yeah, two years for me too. sometimes it still feels like yesterday and sometimes it feels like a dream from long ago. thinking of you.
Mama to Millie
born June 2010 @ 24 wks. gestation due to my severe PE and CHF
lived 25 days, loved and missed
kerisue
Forum Moderator

Postby princesspurr » Mon Aug 20, 2012 08:40 pm

It's been almost 8 years for me, and somedays it feels like yesterday. :-( Hugs to you
Val (32) & Carlos (30)
Married: April 29th 2011
Veronica Rosina, 11/25/2004-11/27/2004
Born at 26.5 weeks because of severe preeclampsia (doc says I was on my way to HELLP but not there yet)
princesspurr

Postby wooleybear » Wed Aug 22, 2012 12:20 am

i feel for you and hope you get through this pregnancy with lots of peace. my sudden loss was very recent so i am not on the block to start thinking about getting pregnant again, but it does scare me to death to do so. im sure we all experience these thoughts, you are not alone.....

hugs and peace!
wooleybear

Return to Grief and Loss