We grieve until we don’t anymore, but we love forever

A place for those bereaved to receive and offer support

We grieve until we don’t anymore, but we love forever

Postby sam10 » Wed Feb 13, 2013 06:01 pm

"We grieve until we don’t anymore, but we love forever." by C.B. S.
I have stumbled upon this while reading about grief. And it struck a cord. It is the grief and the love that the wellmeaning people (those who haven't lost a loved one) keep confusing. The grief with its debilitating rawness will eventually subside, but the longing remains, the love is forever. It is not my grief, but the love for my diseased child that makes me talk about him, bake a cake for his birthday, and much more. Unfortunately, it causes people to feel unfomfortable, helpless and speechless at times.
~Julija (40)
MC 3/2009 and 3/2011
Henry (1/1/2010-1/7/2010) - forever loved and missed; severe PE with Hellp; partial placental abruption, classical c-section at 25.6 weeks
Matilda (Nov. 2012, born at 35.4 weeks) - severe PE

Our pain has been put into words, placed into empty cradles, to remember that all our babies lived, that they mattered and always will. - Field of Cradles http://www.fieldofcradles.org/
sam10
Forum Moderator

Re: We grieve until we don’t anymore, but we love forever

Postby Rubbie78 » Thu Feb 14, 2013 10:26 am

I agree with you... No words to add, but I love my son that is not here anymore.
Rubbie78

Re: We grieve until we don’t anymore, but we love forever

Postby cmccaffrey » Thu Feb 28, 2013 00:04 am

wow that quote hits me hard because it's so true! There are still so many things I do for our lost baby, not out of grief but out of love and it's what I would do for any of our children. Thanks for sharing.
Christa (25) & J (26)
Mommy to:
Mason born 10.11.10 @ 30+3 wks due to Severe Pre-E. Only lived 2.5 days
Noah born 2.1.12 @ 38 weeks thanks to lots of doctors visits, LDA, Lovenox and no preeclampsia!

learn more about our story... http://tinyurl.com/7a979vy
cmccaffrey

Return to Grief and Loss