Loss of my Angelica

A place for those bereaved to receive and offer support
sam10
Forum Moderator

Re: Loss of my Angelica

Postby sam10 » Thu May 07, 2015 02:08 am

I am so sorry you lost your precious little baby. There is nothing worse for a mother or father than losing a child. After I lost my firstborn I started seeing a counselor who has helped me cope. It was a hard path to walk, and I wish you and your family all the strength to find our footing again. Thinking of you and your precious baby.
MC 3/2009 and 3/2011
H (1/1/2010-1/7/2010) - forever loved and missed; severe PE with Hellp; partial placental abruption, classical c-section at 25.6 weeks
M (Nov. 2012, born at 35.4 weeks) - severe PE

princesspurr

Postby princesspurr » Thu Apr 30, 2015 01:59 am

I'm so sorry for your loss. My daughter was born at 26.5 weeks and passed away to days later. Please don't blame yourself, even if you would have got her out sooner it may not have changed things. Take time to heal, you will always love and remember your angel. It took me 9 years to get brave enough to try again but I did go on to have a normal pregnancy.
Val (32) & Carlos (30)
Married: April 29th 2011
Veronica Rosina, 11/25/2004-11/27/2004
Born at 26.5 weeks because of severe preeclampsia (doc says I was on my way to HELLP but not there yet)

laney_p
Forum Moderator

Postby laney_p » Wed Apr 29, 2015 07:16 pm

Hi there,

I am so very sorry for your loss. It's something that no parent should have to experience. I know that it is so hard to feel like there was something that you could have done differently, but when preeclampsia strikes as early and severely as it did with you, there is nothing that you or the medical providers could have done. Your story is very similar to that of our executive director, Eleni. She lost her baby girl on the ride from one hospital to the other. There is likely nothing you could have done better as a patient, but I know that that guilt can be hard to ignore.

Big hugs, and please feel free to just come talk about Angelica to us. We're here for you and so many women here understand what you are feeling. <3
Director of Community Relations for the Preeclampsia Foundation
*does not provide any medical advice*
for more information, please visit www.preeclampsia.org

La Directora de las Relaciones con la Comunidad
*no ofrece consejo médico*
Se habla español
Para mas información, por favor visite: www.preeclampsia.org/es

AngelicasMama

Loss of my Angelica

Postby AngelicasMama » Wed Apr 22, 2015 01:39 am

Hi. Imglad I found this group. It has helped reading others' stories. On April 12, 2015 I delivered my baby girl Angelica Elizabeth. Unfortunately our sweet girl had already passed. I had severe pre eclampsia. It happened all so fast. She had a strong heart beat the monday before and come friday she was gone. They found 13 grams of protien in my urine, Bp was high so I had to ride in an ambulance to a hospital over 1 hour away. I almost died that night. I'm getting better but I miss my little girl. She was 27 weeks. I keep thinking could they have saved her? But if they did could she have major health problems? I try not to think about it. I know God has a plan although I may not understand. It just hurts so bad.

Return to “Grief and Loss”