How do you honor your baby?

A place for those bereaved to receive and offer support

Re : How do you honor your baby?

Postby forlogan » Fri Oct 15, 2004 08:40 pm

I've been here before, but wasn't ready to share this detail yet. I feel today it is appropriate (Oct 15). When we were in the hospital they made molds of our son's feet and hands to have forever. We were able to only spend a few moments, what seems like to be a mere second in time, with him. We will always have his tiny hands and feet. My husband is very talented and always thinking of wonderful things to do. I said to him one night that I wished we had more of Logan's hands and feet because I was terrified that one would break (fortunately they gave us three of each) because that's all I have to hold on to. Anyway, my DH researched this product (I can't think of the name) that you can create a cast from a mold already made. It's a very durable substance and you can re-use it up to like a hundred times. He purchased pewter that could be melted and poured to make a new mold. We gave my father a tiny little foot for Father's Day and it literally floored him. He carries it in his pocket and he says he always has his little Logan with him. I have yet to receive mine.....but when I do I will carry it always. It may sound strange to some, but it's a way to hold on to my little boy. Our son was only 1lb 2oz so he was extremely tiny. My DH will carry his on an annual fishing trip that all the men in our family take together each year. All the fathers and sons....Logan will still get to go fishing with his dad.

Hugs and love to you all....God Bless.

Dee (31)
DH Bryan (32)
Mom & Dad to:
Talia - 7 (full term, no complications) 1-31-97
Logan - (Stillborn at 25w due to severe PE) 5-16-04 and 4 little Angels in Heaven

Postby kdreher » Tue Oct 05, 2004 11:45 am

It took me quite a few years to open my heart again after loosing Tyler. I took a polaroid picture of him that my ex-MIL took and had it blown up to 5x7 size and then framed it in an 8x10 cherry frame with matting. Tyler has a nice cherry shelf of his own in my room, hanging on the wall next to my bed. My dh (not Tyler's dad) has been very supportive. For the past three years, my mom has given me earrings with Tyler's birthstone on his bday (march), in 2005 Tyler would have been 10..I will be creating a sort of mother's ring with Tyler's birthstone. I cannot wait. My dh also bought me one of those mothers necklaces with Tyler's birthstone in it. I also carry Tyler's mass card in my checkbook, wallet, and pocket calendar.

My mom has always had a picture of Tyler in her room as well, Nana's 2nd grandson...has to have a place for him.

My dad gave me new pics of the headstone with Tylers name on it after his dad died (all 3 are buried together...grandma/pa and Tyler) I waited 10 years for this...right before my grandpa died he gave my dad the okay to have Tyler's name on it.

Kris (35)
DH, Tom (34)
Tyler 3-9-95 to 3-23-95 (26 wks severe pe/HELLP)
Hoping for a little miracle in 2005! (after TR surgery in 2004) or

Postby angelkat » Thu Sep 30, 2004 07:17 am

The stone you have chosen is wonderful!. Can't wait to see a picture when you get it.

Sending you HUGE HUGS

Moderator Grief and Loss
Mommy to
Drew(14)PE 37 wks
Ky (12)PE 34 wks
~i~ Katlyne(12/9/02-04/02/03)25 wks
Casey - 34wks Born 7/29/04
Katlyne's Tribute Site

Postby samarasmom » Thu Sep 30, 2004 07:04 am

I too have an Isaiah. I just wanted to tell you that you have chosen a strong name for a beautiful and strong child that you had. My Isaiah is strong willed and sweet just like I know yours is too. He seems to be important to your community and I see why. He is beautiful. Lots of love to you and your Isaiah.

Lots of love to all you moms. All your ideas and things that you have done to remember your child is beautiful and I am in tears reading all this.

Sandra 23
Michael Abron ( fiance)
Elijah Kristopher Michael Abron ( 43 wks no complications) 5/6/99
Isaiah Liam Abron ( 37 wks PE and Preterm labor) 3/25/02
Samara Juliyana Abron ( 35 wks PIH and poss PE ) 7/21/04

Postby heatherbbb » Thu Sep 30, 2004 05:31 am

The stone is beautiful. It brought tears to my eyes. What a wonderful way to honor Ashley Ann.

Mother of Seth Russell, delivered 26 weeks due to PE/HELLP 9/3/03-2/13/04
Due with Joshua Allen -scheduled C-section @ 39 weeks (about Jan 20, 2005)

mel h.

Postby mel h. » Wed Sep 29, 2004 12:19 am

Our pink dogwood that I mentioned above is being planted today, and I have ordered a memorial stone with a personalized plaque to place in the ground at the foot of the tree.
Take a look at the stone I ordered – the message is just perfect.
There are also some other great memorial items on this Web site as well.

Mom of Ashley Ann, born at 25 weeks on April 17 due to severe preeclampsia.

Postby tinalowe » Thu Aug 12, 2004 08:04 am

Those are wonderful ideas you all! I am thinking that for Emma's birthday I am going to ask my family and dh's to make contributions to the PF (or sooner if I can get them off their checkbooks).

Tina 23
DH Dereck 26

Emma Victoria stillborn 12-28-03 severe pre-e

for faith

Postby for faith » Tue Aug 10, 2004 04:08 pm

Wonderful things you have all shared.

I have a beautiful rose tree and little surrounding flowers just outside of my front door that we planted in her memory. Her nursey is still the same with wonderful pictures and a special drawing done with my son and Faith (I was never able to have a picture of them together). I searched quite a bit of the perfect burial spot (things I never even thought about before, even for my parents) that is beautiful; it is a new section of a beautiful park and has a new tree planted next to it. I am doing charity work and making donations in her honor. I feel a need to do things, really want to think about something special for her birthday in January.

Thanks T for this topic ~ I am constantly looking for more things to do in her memory. Thanks everyone for sharing.

mommy to:
Tyler - 4 (36 wks, PIH (just told by peri it was mild PE))
Angel baby - 1/20/03 (11 wks)
Faith Kristine - 1/5/04-1/30/04 (30 weeks due to severe PE, passed due to NEC & Sepsis(preemie complications))

trying for #2 to share our lives with since 9/02

Postby e_allen » Mon Aug 09, 2004 06:24 pm

I'm sure most of you know this but we are planting a special tree (still havent decided which kind) in a pot containing the box that holds or daughters ashes. then when we move to the house that we will spend the rest of our lives in we will plant the tree and her ashes in our yard so it can grow big and she will live for ever with the tree. we are hoping that squirrels and birds will live in the tree so that life will come from our loss.

Janell Victory stillborn July 25, 2004 @ 31 weeks

Postby lgw » Mon Aug 09, 2004 01:57 pm

I donated money to the Foundation to help support its goal of finding a cure.

pe & hellp-22wks

Return to “Grief and Loss”