Today is My Due Date

A place for those bereaved to receive and offer support

Today is My Due Date

Postby rachelt » Tue Aug 17, 2004 07:43 am

Hello Ladies,

Today is not such a wonderful day for me. It is the due date that I should have been having Michael Elijah, it should have been a wonderful day, instead, I have been here without him for the past 2 months. I'm looking for words of support right now, because this day is harder that I had anticipated.

Thank you,

Rachel T.

Michael Elijah George Graham Stillborn June 12, 2004
My Precious Angel Baby
rachelt

Re : Today is My Due Date

Postby tinalowe » Tue Aug 17, 2004 07:53 am

Sending you HUGE HUGS Rachel. There are no words that I can say to ease your pain...I wish I could...it breaks my heart. Just know that we are here for you and you are in our thoughts and prayers. Emma's due date was one of the hardest that I had to overcome. I just wanted to crawl back in bed and sleep until the next day...but I couldn't. I pray that you find some measure of comfort and peace today.

Tina 23
DH Dereck 26

Emma Victoria stillborn 12-28-03 severe pre-e
ttc#2

tinalowe

Postby catherine » Tue Aug 17, 2004 07:55 am

Rachel, I am so sorry for your loss, and I am so sorry that this date too has been stolen from you. I remember my due dates even better than birthdays, so I can only imagine how painful this must be for you.

Sending you all my best hopes and wishes for a little bandaid for your heart to help you through this day.

Catherine
Mom to Finn, Lucy (preeclampsia and HELLP) and Chloe.
Moderator HELLP Syndrome Survivors
catherine
Forum Moderator

Postby angelkat » Tue Aug 17, 2004 08:22 am

Rachel, Due dates, birthday and angel dates are so hard. I am so sorry for the pain your feeling.

Sending you TONS of hugs.....

Hugs
~T
Moderator Grief and Loss
Mommy to
Drew(14)PE 37 wks
Ky (12)PE 34 wks
~i~ Katlyne(12/9/02-04/02/03)25 wks
Casey - 34wks Born 7/29/04
Katlyne's Tribute Site
http://forevernetwork.com/lifestories/lifestory.cfm?Archive_ID=10971&Directory=/Archives/MountHope&Sort=V
angelkat

Postby tracey » Tue Aug 17, 2004 08:31 am

Rachel
Please know how sorry I am for what you are going through. Ila's due date was exactly 3 months ago, and so your sorrow is unfortunately quite fresh in my mind. For me, the two or so weeks surrounding that day were amongst the hardest, as it was then that I was so conscious of what should have been, rather than what was. Slowly, this pain diminished and although it has never left me (and never will, I'm sure), I suppose my coping mechanism has kicked in once again. I am able to smile when I think of my little girl, and all the lives she has touched, despite never having known many of the people she meant so much to. She continues to work her tiny miracles (I see this in relationships with family and friends), inspiring myself and others, and this makes me so proud.

Wishing you comfort and peace and bigbig hugs.

Tracey
mama to
angel Ila Elizabeth (02.06.04),
pea-in-the-pod, EDD 04.01.05
tracey

Postby for faith » Tue Aug 17, 2004 09:10 am

Rachel ~ My heart goes out to you, I remember how hard that was 5 months ago for me. I am wishing you as much peace as possible today and the coming months. I hope you can do something special in her honor. Similiar to Tracey, trying to focus on good things and doing things to remember her and in her honor has really helped me. Know that we are here and understand. HUGS

Jill
mommy to:
Tyler - 4 (36 wks, PIH (just told by peri it was mild PE))
Angel baby - 1/20/03 (11 wks)
Faith Kristine - 1/5/04-1/30/04 (30 weeks due to severe PE, passed due to NEC & Sepsis(preemie complications))

trying for #2 to share our lives with since 9/02
for faith

Postby julie f » Tue Aug 17, 2004 09:19 am

Rachel,

Prayers for peace and comfort to you today. The days when things "should" have happened can be the hardest...

Thinking of you,

Julie (27)
Zachary James, 7/22/03-7/27/03, born at 26wks - severe pe

Miracle in progress... #2 is due February 2005!!!

Southern California Coordinator
julie f

Postby mel h. » Tue Aug 17, 2004 12:33 am

Your due date is a really tough day. Mine was July 31 and it was awful, even the night before. In a way, though, it was good to get it behind me because once I did, I started feeling like I could start fresh and was no longer in this weird alternate reality time period where I should have been big and pregnant and miserable instead of skinny and no longer pregnant (and even more miserable!) I knew my due date was going to be hard, but it was harder than I expected too. I think it's a good day to get some rest if you can and let yourself feel as bad and cry as much as you need to. Tomorrow is a good day to start looking to the future. But don't punish yourself for wanting to wallow in grief today. You are entitled to feel however you need to. I know it doesn't seem like you will ever feel better, but you will. It takes time, though.

Melissa
Mom of Ashley Ann, born at 25 weeks on April 17 due to severe preeclampsia.
mel h.

Postby frasiah » Tue Aug 17, 2004 12:57 am

I wish you lots of peace today and hope that you are surrounded by many loved ones who understand you grief.

Frasiah
DD sev PE
frasiah
Forum Moderator

Postby sjs40 » Tue Aug 17, 2004 02:19 pm

My heart goes out to you. The due date is the date everything is based around and it is so hard when your child is not with you. Hopefully once it has passed you will be able to start to look to the future.

Sue (40)
Chris (37)
DD Eleanor Susan (Ellie)
born at 27wks severe PE
24 July 03 - 20 August 03
sjs40

Next

Return to Grief and Loss