Post Reply FAQ Members Login

1st yr. anniversray

A place for those bereaved to receive and offer support

1st yr. anniversray

Postby nunyobizniz5 » Mon Sep 06, 2004 06:06 pm

hello everyone.....well i have survived the one yr. date and i am still numb....it just seems that everything that has happened has been a real bad dream...i finally got her picture out and held it in my arms and did some crying...i cant believe that i never got to see her or hold her....i went to the gravesite also....i was alittle upset because other than what i had put on there, not a single person from our families got any flowers for her....am i wrong on feeling so hurt...especially since alot of my in-laws only live not 5 miles from her grave??...well i just want to add that it doesnt get better on the first yr....and i am hoping that someday it will....i still need alot of prayers....today was hard also...even though it is the 6th and her death was the 2nd, it was still the day after labor day last yr. when everything took place....i also wanted to know if an ob/gyn doctor is the same as i have seen others talk about perni's?? well i need to go...thinkin of each of you who have lost your little babies...i pray for you comfort.....take care....c
nunyobizniz5

Re : 1st yr. anniversray

Postby 5thtymachrm » Mon Sep 06, 2004 06:31 pm

c..... {{{{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}}}}}

Not much I can say to make things any better. I wish you peace and comfort.

Elizabeth

Indigo E. 11/20/03 csec,PE,IUGR,chronic HBP,hypothyroid,asthma,hyperemesis,33wks on BR. 5 m/c's
ttc #2
5thtymachrm

Postby kimb » Mon Sep 06, 2004 09:18 pm

I am sorry you are having tough times. Anniversaries are very tough - tomorrow will be 14 month since I lost Will and I was crying last night that it was 14 months since we got the news we were losing him. Being around holidays seems to add a little extra pain - 4th of July weekend was very hard and I sobbed all through the fireworks. Take care of yourself - I'll be praying for you.

ps - an OB is different from a peri. you can get your ob to refer you to a peri and they can work on your care together.

Kim 35
William Michael - my angel - pe/HELLP 7/7/03
kimb

Postby julie f » Mon Sep 06, 2004 10:03 pm

I'm sending lots of prayers for peace and comfort your way. I wish I could take away the hurt and the emptiness that comes with it all.

Praying for you,

Julie (27)
Zachary James, 7/22/03-7/27/03, born at 26wks - severe pe

Miracle in progress... #2 is due February 2005!!!

Southern California Coordinator
julie f

Postby angelkat » Mon Sep 06, 2004 11:55 pm

C....

Sending you HUGE HUGS and as always prayers for comfort and strength.

My "Outlaws" live the closest to Katlyne's grave site and the only time they go to visit is when we are in town or ask them to go to check on things for us. I get very upset that they will not take time out of there lives to go and visit with Katlyne but I know deep down inside they are thinking about her...

Hope you days get better!

Hugs
~T
Moderator Grief and Loss
Mommy to
Drew(14)PE 37 wks
Ky (12)PE 34 wks
~i~ Katlyne(12/9/02-04/02/03)25 wks
Casey - 34wks Born 7/29/04
Katlyne's Tribute Site
http://forevernetwork.com/lifestories/lifestory.cfm?Archive_ID=10971&Directory=/Archives/MountHope&Sort=V
angelkat

Postby for faith » Tue Sep 07, 2004 09:33 am

C ~ Sending lots of hugs your way. Hoping peace for you as you pass such a painful anniversary. It is hard when others don't feel the impact you do (I have experienced this), but wishing you peace with it.

Take care,

Jill
mommy to:
Tyler - 4 (36 wks, PIH (just told by peri it was mild PE))
Angel baby - 1/20/03 (11 wks)
Faith Kristine - 1/5/04-1/30/04 (30 weeks due to severe PE, passed due to NEC & Sepsis(preemie complications))

trying for #2 to share our lives with since 9/02
for faith

Postby heatherbbb » Tue Sep 07, 2004 01:17 pm

C
I just went through my son's first b-day last week too. It was a difficult day and a sad week. I don't think any of my in-laws her in town remembered his b-day either. If they did, they didn't mention it. Hang in there.

Heather

Mother of Seth Russell, delivered 26 weeks due to PE/HELLP 9/3/03-2/13/04
http://members.cox.net/heatherbbb/seth/seth.htm
Due with baby # 2 Feb 1, 2005
heatherbbb

Postby sjs40 » Tue Sep 07, 2004 02:31 pm

Thinking of you. We had Ellie's 1st birthday in July, and I know how bad we felt on that day and in the time leading up to it. Hang in there, and take care of yourself too.

Sue (41)
Chris (38)
DD Eleanor Susan (Ellie)
born at 27wks severe PE
24 July 03 - 20 August 03
sjs40

Postby lisa k » Wed Sep 15, 2004 05:54 am

It is the one year anniversary today for me. I know just how you are feeling. I'm thinking of you and if you need anything let me know..
Lisa K
Jeremy Jason~ 9/15/03 pe
lisa k

Postby space_coaster » Wed Sep 15, 2004 04:34 pm

C, {{{{hugs}}}} and comforting thoughts to you. I am worried also that my daughter will not be remembered when the number of grandchildren are counted, or on her birth and death anniversaries -- my husband comes from a very large family and although I know they loved Michelle, many of them never got to meet her and they may not be comfortable with remembering such sad things. I will be asking my own family to remember, at least my parents and brother, and I'm sure they will, even though they never met her at all [:(]

Perhaps you can gently remind your families before each anniversary date that the day holds such meaning for you -- maybe they are just forgetful and don't mean to hurt your feelings or neglect your child's memory. I hope that's the case.

You take care too and thanks for thinking of us.

Jocelyn (36)
Mommy to Michelle Elizabeth, 8/25-9/1/04, 24w1d, 1 lb 3 oz, severe PE/HELLP syndrome

Michelle's memorial page: http://www.geocities.com/jfiorello68
space_coaster

Return to Grief and Loss