Post Reply FAQ Members Login

Today

A place for those bereaved to receive and offer support

Re : Today

Postby kimb » Wed Sep 15, 2004 05:40 pm

by kimb (140 Posts), Wed Sep 15, 2004 05:40 pm

Lisa,

I am so sorry you are having a tough day - and I definitely know what that is like. I agree with what Julie said about wanting to do something special, but not knowing what....that was one of the things my therapist tried to do with me was get me to plan something special - but it is so hard. I hope you were able to find some comfort for yourself today.

Kim 35
William Michael - my angel - pe/HELLP 7/7/03
kimb

Postby lisa k » Wed Sep 15, 2004 08:58 pm

by lisa k (14 Posts), Wed Sep 15, 2004 08:58 pm

Thank you for the advice and that's just what I'm going to do before I go to bed. Look through his baby book where all his ultrasound pictures are, etc. I wish I had internet access through out the day because that would help so much, to be able to talk with all you and visit the site when I needed to. I left an angel ornament at his grave this morning and I went back out after work and sat there for a little while, talking to him. (although I never know what to say)

TB, your situation sounds VERY similar to mine. But I unfortunately had to make that choice and will hold the guilt until the end of time. I can't let that go because it seems like one more thing I failed at. Your words hit so close to home, every single one of them. Thank you.

Thank you all again for all your wonderful advice and caring words. My heart goes out to each and every one of you for helping me.
THANK YOU.
lisa k

Postby timelessbeauty » Wed Sep 15, 2004 09:33 pm

by timelessbeauty (1712 Posts), Wed Sep 15, 2004 09:33 pm

Lisa,

I saw something on a religious program recently and I'm not one to normally watch them but it hit home. God already knows you and has known all about you before you do anything. We live in the present and don't know our futures but it is said He knows what is in store for us and what we will do. And HE STILL loves us unconditionally. If He can love us, we can love ourselves. I know maybe some of my words sound hollow to you now but you will come to realize in time there really wasn't much of a choice for you. You saw to it that your baby didn't suffer and you are here to help others as we help you. Hugs!!!!

TB
timelessbeauty

Postby lisa k » Thu Sep 16, 2004 06:19 am

by lisa k (14 Posts), Thu Sep 16, 2004 06:19 am

Thank you so much TB. All of what you say really makes sense. I just need to learn how to remember it all throughout the day. Seems like when you are feeling your worst, those happier thoughts are no where to be found! Thanks for all your help and thoughts!
Hugs!
lisa k

Previous

Return to Grief and Loss