Felt like sharing...

A place for those bereaved to receive and offer support

Re : Felt like sharing...

Postby kdreher » Tue Oct 05, 2004 11:37 am

Danielle,
First off,thank you so much for sharing with us. I am so sorry you lost your daughter. I lost my son Tyler at 26 weeks, in 1995, he was just two weeks old. I was 25 at the time and remember calling my mom crying and literally asked her "what do I do with him". I knew about funerals and such, since I had been to a few, but they were all about "old" people. I was heartbroken that my motherhood was taken away and that I had to leave him alone. (I never thought of cremation, but can't change that now). My 80+ yr old German, sort of cold, grandfather told my dad to tell me that he can be buried with Meyme (my grandma who died in 1984). She loved us kids and so Tyler was buried at her head and now my grandpa is gone so all 3 are together!

I know that I will always be a mom, and can't wait to be a mom again. Jeez, I am done with practicing with others kids already! It is very hard at differnt times in life when people ask me if I have children and I have given differnt answers. Depends on whose aksing and whether or not I want to share. My (new) DH and I are TTC and I already think about what I will say when/if people ask if this is my first....and I know I will say no...my 2nd. We ladies here are in a unique group and know how you feel.

Kris (35)
DH, Tom (34)
Tyler 3-9-95 to 3-23-95 (26 wks severe pe/HELLP)
Hoping for a little miracle in 2005! (after TR surgery in 2004)

tkstevens@sbcglobal.net or kstevens@cga.uscg.mil
kdreher

Previous

Return to Grief and Loss