Post Reply FAQ Members Login

So sad!

A place for those bereaved to receive and offer support

Re : So sad!

Postby space_coaster » Fri Oct 15, 2004 07:23 pm

Oh, Tracey, I'm sorry you missed the ceremony! They should have included you. I hope you will write to the hospital and they will change their policy so no other parent is excluded this way. Do you have a Compassionate Friends chapter in your area? CF is an organization for parents who have lost a child of any age (including adult children), so it's not quite the same as one specifically for infant loss, but they are doing a candlelight ceremony on December 12...maybe you could attend that one if there's one close by. Just a thought. (((hugs)))

Jocelyn (36)
Mommy to Michelle Elizabeth, 8/25-9/1/04, 24w1d, 1 lb 3 oz, severe PE/HELLP syndrome

Michelle's memorial page: http://www.geocities.com/jfiorello68
space_coaster

Re : So sad!

Postby tracey » Sun Oct 17, 2004 07:01 pm

Thanks to all of you for your words of support.
That was such an emotional time for me, and it was a relief to know there was somewhere to go where people would understand.

I'm sure it's a difficult thing for the hospital, in an administrative sense. That is, it would be easy to "overlook" the infants lost through stillbirth, etc, since they never made it to the NICU, and since it's the NICU who organizes everything, they wouldn't have any records of these tragedies, I guess. Regardless, I plan to do just as many of you suggested and write a letter to the hospital -- perhaps this may change the way it's handled in the future.

Again, thank you all so much for your kindness and support. I truly don't know what I would do without you.

Tracey
mama to
angel Ila Elizabeth (02.06.04), 25w2d ~ severe pe/Class 1 HELLP
pea-in-the-pod, EDD 03.25.05
tracey

Previous

Return to Grief and Loss