My son touches another life

A place for those bereaved to receive and offer support

My son touches another life

Postby heatherbbb » Mon Oct 25, 2004 06:34 am

My son passed away in mid February. We had a nice memorial service and were surprised when over 100 people showed for it. My husband and I shared our memories of Seth and the Bishop that married us gave a beautiful talk about the Plan of Salvation that God has prepared. My OB and her nurse came to the memorial service. I remember hugging her (my OB) and thanking her. Her quick action gave Seth a chance at life and gave us the opportunity to have 5 1/2 months with our son. If she had been slower, we would have lost him the day he was delivered. I went to see my OB last month. I knew that she had been gone a week to visit her sick mother. The nurse told me that her mother had passed away. I asked my OB how she was doing. She told me that at one point during the ordeal when life seemed really dark, she remembered something said at Seth's memorial service that made her feel better. She said that one of us had compared this mortal existence as one grain of sand, while the eternities were endless beaches. She said that she remembered that and remembered how my husband and I had dealt with Seth's death and how we focused on the blessings and good memories. She said our example and the comparison of the grain of sand was like a light in her life at a very dark time. I was so surprised that she would remember something said 7 months before. I know that many people were watching us through-out our son's fight for life and through his death. I am so glad that our experience and struggle with the life and death or our precious son was able to have a positive affect on someone else's life. I really do believe that good things can come from tragedies. I was so proud of my son and his determination to fight for life admist such adversity. I remember one of the Neonatologists saying that if he didn't have so much spunk, he would have been an angel by then. I am so proud of myself and my husband because we were able to be good, loving parents to my son and I believe we made very tough and informed decisions about his medical treatment. I am proud that when all hope was gone and our son's suffering was in vain, that we had the compassion and strength to take him off that cursed ventilator that he hated so much! I am grateful that my husband and I were able to conduct ourselves in a manner that touched others, gave them strength, and showed our determination to hold onto love and goodness rather than cling to bitterness and resentment. I really believe that if we seek it, we will find that good things can come from the bad experiences of our lives. I am so grateful for all the wonderful people at this Forum that give me strength, grieve with me, and encourage me. You are all awesome!

Heather (32)
Mother of Seth Russell, delivered 26 weeks due to PE/HELLP 9/3/03-2/13/04
http://members.cox.net/heatherbbb/seth/seth.htm
Due with Joshua Allen -scheduled C-section @ 39 weeks (about Jan 20, 2005), Protein C deficiency & Lupus Anticoagulant (2 Heparin shots/day since 14 weeks)
heatherbbb

Re : My son touches another life

Postby gossamer » Mon Oct 25, 2004 08:05 am

Heather,
That is so awesome. I know as a momma I worry about somebody forgetting Mary Rose. How awesome to have somebody confirm that your son has touched a life other than your own.
Gossamer

"Before you were conceived, I wanted you. Before you were born, I loved you. Before you were a minute old, I would have died for you. This is the miracle of life. " -Maureen Hawkins
New little angel 10/03/04 http://www.f1.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/zonker29/album?.dir=/f23e
gossamer

Re : My son touches another life

Postby for faith » Mon Oct 25, 2004 09:32 am

Heather ~ Thank you for sharing, that is so touching. It is so amazing when we see how our angels have touched lives. That is so meaningful.

Jill
mommy to:
Tyler - 4 (36 wks, PIH/mild PE))
Angel baby - 1/20/03 (11 wks)
Faith Kristine - 1/5/04-1/30/04 (30 weeks due to severe PE, passed due to NEC/Sepsis (preemie complications))
OUR LITTLE MIRACLE due 6/5/05

trying for #2 to share our lives with since 09/02
for faith

Return to Grief and Loss