The Memorial Quilt UPDATED

A place for those bereaved to receive and offer support

Re : The Memorial Quilt UPDATED

Postby kdreher » Fri Nov 19, 2004 07:52 pm

If I get this right, I can go buy material and cut it to a 12 x 12 and decorate it and then the cost will pay for the stuffing, etc...?

I'm not a quilter or even really crafty..but would like to try.

Kris (35)
DH, Tom (34)
Connecticut, USA

Tyler 3-9-95 to 3-23-95 (26 wks severe pe/HELLP)
Working on a little miracle for 2005!

tkstevens@sbcglobal.net
kdreher

Postby gossamer » Fri Nov 19, 2004 10:00 pm

Yes except that the money is a donation to PF. Decorate it however you want and then send it to me by June 1st. E-mail me if you want the address.
Gossamer

"Before you were conceived, I wanted you. Before you were born, I loved you. Before you were a minute old, I would have died for you. This is the miracle of life. " -Maureen Hawkins
Mary Rose 7/29/03 New little angel 10/03/04 http://www.f1.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/zonker29/album?.dir=/f23e
gossamer

Postby catherine » Sat Nov 20, 2004 09:16 am

Kris, don't worry about the craftiness LOL!

I have a friend who does this for her family at big occasions.... she calls it quilt scrapbooking. She's had meaningful pictures.. stuff from magazines, the internet, old family photos etc, copied and put on iron on transfers, used bubble fabric paint and all sorts of cool non-sewing stuff that she finds at the big hobby stores. She's got a room full of paint and fabric glue and trim and tiny dolls accessories and buttons and lace and..................... I knitted tiny mittens for her that she wanted to put on some "skiing holiday" square she was doing for someone! That's a little OTT but I'm sure that you'll have no trouble coming up with a plan!!!

Catherine
Mom to Finn, Lucy (preeclampsia and HELLP) and Chloe.
Moderator HELLP Syndrome Survivors
catherine
Forum Moderator

Previous

Return to Grief and Loss