one year ago...

A place for those bereaved to receive and offer support

Re : one year ago...

Postby mom2tori » Thu Nov 04, 2004 04:23 pm

Callies mom- just wanted to add my thoughts and prayers. You are not alone in what you are feeling and may it comfort you a little to know that others understand and feel the same pain you are feeling. God bless!

Alissa mommy to:
Dominic 9/10/97-9/11/97
Victoria 1/8/02
mom2tori

Postby space_coaster » Fri Nov 05, 2004 05:19 pm

Many hugs to you, Callie's Mom. You and Callie are in my thoughts.

Jocelyn (36)
Mommy to Michelle Elizabeth, 8/25-9/1/04, 24w1d, 1 lb 3 oz, severe PE/HELLP syndrome

Michelle's memorial page: http://www.geocities.com/jfiorello68
space_coaster

Postby heatherbbb » Mon Nov 08, 2004 02:22 pm

I talked to my mother about this post and about how my inlaws didn't remember my son's birthday. She told me that she would have never acknowledged Seth's b-day had she not read some grieving literature for Grandparents that our funeral home gave her. The literature said that it is so important to parents that people remember their baby's birthday. She said that when she got home, she wrote Seth's b-day in her calendar so she wouldn't forget. She said that if she had not read that literature, she would probably never had done that. I thought that was very interesting. She told me I ought to cut my MIL some slack. It's normal in society not to bring up anniversaries that could potentially cause us pain. I feel grateful to have such a sensitive mother (and one who read the grieving literature).

Heather (32)
Mother of Seth Russell, delivered 26 weeks due to PE/HELLP 9/3/03-2/13/04
http://members.cox.net/heatherbbb/seth/seth.htm
Due with Joshua Allen -scheduled C-section @ 39 weeks (about Jan 20, 2005), Protein C deficiency & Lupus Anticoagulant (2 Heparin shots/day since 14 weeks)
heatherbbb

Postby denise » Mon Nov 08, 2004 05:57 pm

Just wanted to offer my support and to let you know I will keep you in my thoughts. Hugs to you.

-------
Denise (28) Co-coordinator for WI
Jason (32)
Ariana (17 months)-born 5/3/03 at 35 weeks due to HELLP
Currently TTC #2
http://hometown.aol.com/scrapperlang/Home.htm
denise

Postby mandj107 » Sat Nov 13, 2004 10:52 am

I am so sorry for everything that you have been through, and for how alone you have been left to feel by your family. It makes me so angry how others can not be "inconvenienced" by sharing our pain for 2 minutes. There are, however, so many people who are able to offer love, support, and understanding. Please know you are not alone in your thoughts and feelings. You are in my prayers.

Julie W.

Nathan 9/29/04 - 10/11/04, 28 wks PE
www.freewebs.com/whalenfamily
mandj107

Postby michal » Mon Nov 22, 2004 09:30 am

Hi Callies mom
I also had a similar experiences to you after losing Dina a year ago .
I was away from work for 3 months and nobody said a word to me at work either a year later .My siblings and parents, and a very close friend, all remembered which was very touching but my husband's family did not acknowledge the anniversary of Dina's death at all which was very hurtful and makes me want to have very little to do with them .
Me and my daughter Tali spoke a lot about Dina on the anniversary of her death and lit a candle . We aslo let go a helium balloon with a note on it to her and I added some plants to the little garden that I have made in her memory .
I think all the little things help us moms even if no-one else remembers.
I also have an only child .I cannot have any more children .
It hurts me that she is an only child but she does not know any different and she is happy even though she does talk of her little sister who died and I am sure whe would love to have someone around .
Take Care
Michal
Mom to Tali ,aged 6 (HELLP 32 weeks,5/3/1998), mom to my first angel in heaven (HELLP , 20 weeks , 20/2/2002 ) , mom to my seccond angel in heaven ,Dina Haya Hodaya ( HELLP 25 weeks,4 days ,29/10/2003-4/11/2003 )
michal

Previous

Return to Grief and Loss