Preg again moms - how did you tell?

A place for those bereaved to receive and offer support

Re : Preg again moms - how did you tell?

Postby sandyr » Mon Nov 29, 2004 07:41 pm

We had decided that when we successfully fell pg again that we would not tell anyone until I was at least 18 weeks! Well we didn't stick to this at all! It took us 4 years and IVF to fall pg with our precious daughter Piper so when we fell pg this time on our 4th months of trying on clomed we were stunned!

The news was spread to all by 5 weeks!! I guess we figured, everyone had been so supportive when we lost Piper that we would need them again if something happned. And there is no hidding all the appointments and scans I have had to have this time either.

Sandy (Australia)
Mum to
Piper Born at 26 weeks. 7th Jan 04. Passed on 22nd Jan 04. (chronic hypertension, PE, Severe IUGR).

PG #2 Due 3rd April 05
sandyr

Re : Preg again moms - how did you tell?

Postby for faith » Tue Nov 30, 2004 02:29 pm

Thanks everyone for your experiences. We ending up telling everyone just about 12 weeks. Told our parents separately and then each small group of friends and family. I so didn't want to get overwhelmed and it went well. Some I know are scared for us, just as we are. Still have to tell my work, which will be interesting since I will be doing extra work (someone else out on maternity starting in Jan) up until about 30 weeks (don't know if that will happen).

Take care, thanks again,

Jill
mommy to:
Tyler - 4 (36 wks, PIH/mild PE))
Angel baby - 1/20/03 (11 wks)
Faith Kristine - 1/5/04-1/30/04 (30 weeks due to severe PE, passed due to NEC/Sepsis (preemie complications))
OUR LITTLE MIRACLE due 6/5/05

trying for #2 to share our lives with since 09/02
for faith

Previous

Return to Grief and Loss