Preg again moms - how did you tell?

A place for those bereaved to receive and offer support
tawniemarie

Re : Preg again moms - how did you tell?

Postby tawniemarie » Thu Nov 04, 2004 06:13 pm

We're 7 weeks pregnant, and my dh husband and I have only told our parents, and my boss. We couldn't not tell our parents, and I figured that I better tell my boss right away, due to the appointments and stress. She's supportive, and I know she won't tell any other coworkers. Last time it was happiness all around, but my mom took it really hard, even though she knew we were going to start trying. She cried for a long time, and said she hoped nothing would happen to this baby. My in laws are taking it better, but of course their son didn't almost die 8 months ago because of severe pre-e. Usually I have big trouble keeping a secret, but I'm almost dreading the time when we plan to start telling people. I'm really thinking about just letting people find out when it becomes obvious, expect for other family members. One friend I had from high school told me flat out when I was in the hospital a week after Tyler's funeral when I had DVT's that she couldn't get beind us trying for more children, and some people just aren't meant to have them. She and I are no longer friends, and I can't help feeling that people who say nothing on the subject feel like she does.

-Tawn
Mom to Tyler Michael
3-16-04 to 3-21-04 born at 24 weeks due to severe pre-e.
Pregnant with # 2!! He or she will (I Hope) be delivered between the end of May to the begining of June.

for faith

Preg again moms - how did you tell?

Postby for faith » Thu Nov 04, 2004 04:54 pm

Moms who got pregnant again after your loss, how did you tell everyone? I am just coming to the realization that I really am pregnant (just saw the heartbeat this week). I am having a very difficult time (so want a baby, but am so scared) and don't want to tell anyone until at least 12 weeks (9 1/2 weeks now). Nervous about telling our family and friends (and work) for fear of their reaction. Knowing they will all be happy, but treat me differently. Feel like it will be back to when we just lost Faith. Sorry for rambling, but feeling so scared about everything.......

Thanks. Know you all would understand this.

Jill
mommy to:
Tyler - 4 (36 wks, PIH/mild PE))
Angel baby - 1/20/03 (11 wks)
Faith Kristine - 1/5/04-1/30/04 (30 weeks due to severe PE, passed due to NEC/Sepsis (preemie complications))
OUR LITTLE MIRACLE due 6/5/05

trying for #2 to share our lives with since 09/02

Return to “Grief and Loss”