My angel...Kaitlyn

A place for those bereaved to receive and offer support
cassie05

Re : My angel...Kaitlyn

Postby cassie05 » Thu Jul 07, 2005 10:31 pm

Thank you for that much needed reminder Susan...you know me too well [:)]

My grandparents are in town right now and watched stephen for us tonight so we could go out. There are some really old graveyards here, some dating to the 1700s. We decided to go looking around...I can not believe how many babies we came across...it really broke my heart. There are just so many that have had to know our pain, its so sad [:(]

I dont understand all that is happening in this world, it is so scarey. Too many innocent lives are being lost for some really mixed up and selfish people [:(!].

susan belisle

Postby susan belisle » Thu Jul 07, 2005 05:10 pm

Cassie your post on the medical background I found to be fasinating. It got me thinking about my situation as well. Docs said that Corines death may have happened due to something other then IUGR and prematurity. It could have been that her heart was bad all along. And I know what you mean about this happening more then once. I have never made it into the 3rd trimester.

I try not to think about what I am missing out on with Corine's life because she is no longer here with us. It is like that song you sent to me...Some say your days with us were to few but they were numbered by the lord for you. She came her to do what she had to do and left. My choice is to remember what it was that she was here for. To make me apprecatie all that I have in my life. I need to do right by her. Our girls are having a grand ole time in heaven and I find great comfort in that

On a side note what is up with all these bombing in England!!!!! It is simply mad. So many good people gone. Doesn't make much since.

frasiah
Forum Moderator

Postby frasiah » Thu Jul 07, 2005 02:35 pm

Many hugs to you...

cassie05

Postby cassie05 » Thu Jul 07, 2005 01:58 pm

There are just so many things that we have to miss out on...it really sucks

melissam

Postby melissam » Thu Jul 07, 2005 01:16 pm

It really is hard when you begin to realize all that you will miss out on. That is when I have the hardest time. Hang in there sweetie.

angelkat

Postby angelkat » Thu Jul 07, 2005 11:41 am

Cassie... Sending you HUGE HUGS...

Sometimes we just never know the answers.....

hang in there

lorelei

Postby lorelei » Thu Jul 07, 2005 09:57 am

((((hugs)))) to you Cassie....

cassie05

Postby cassie05 » Thu Jul 07, 2005 09:32 am

Today I got a call from my ob, she got the results from the chromosomal analysis of Kaitlyn and unfortunatly the tissue wouldnt grow and they werent able to analyze anything :( SHe said it is very rare for it not to grow...the whole thing has just been "rare". The doc said that she feels confident that nothing was wrong with her, but it still would have been nice to have it proven, but there is nothing I can do about it now. I also talked to her some more about the sonogram that was done and how I feel that the tech had seen the blood clot, she is going to do some looking around and see if she can find anything out. She also said that the pathologist took pics of the placenta and umbilical cord so she is going to give me copies of it so I can see what was wrong with them. I had no idea that anything was even wrong with the placenta until now...she said it was abnormal...it was abnormal with Stephen too. She is going to start looking through my old records and see what she can find so it can be sent to the maternal fetal medicine for our consult Maybe my body is lacking something that is screwing up the placenta and umbilical cord...this just sucks...it was one thing to just think it was the blood clot but to know now that something was wrong with the placenta too just freaks me out and that I only made it to 27 weeks 4 days with both of my kids is just plain wierd :( Maybe I was headed towards pe again, but I will never know...
Last night was a really hard night, I was watching a show where the girl was a tomboy and wanted to be made into a girly girl. At the end of the show, her whole family was standing at the bottom of the stairs watching her look like a princess in her prom dress. I just started thinking that i will never take pictures of Kaitlyn in her prom dress, no wedding, no child advice when she would have her own, no kindergarten, preschool, walking, crawling, first words, nothing...absolutly nothing [:(][:(][:(]. I wont see her again until it is my time to meet her up in heaven...

lorelei

Postby lorelei » Wed Jun 22, 2005 10:56 am

I don't post very much but wanted to express my heartfelt sympathy to you and your family during this difficult time. I pray that you will feel God's love shining down on you, knowing that your sweet angel is there with him.

Lori, mom to Hunter (9-27-01) and Dalton (8-10-04) both born at 37 weeks due to p/e

melissam

Postby melissam » Tue Jun 21, 2005 02:03 pm

Cassie,

What a day eh? They seem to come like that. It can't be just one thing that is bad in the day it has to be a whole bunch of things. I have noticed how much I am being affected by all of the things people are going through on here. I have been on the verge of tears and crying all afternoon.

The experience both you and Lucy had put me in a tearful funk for a week. And then with what poor Susan is going through now....it just takes me right back to the NICU and holding my angel as she left our world.

I am so sorry about the milk.

There are better days ahead. You are in my thoughts and prayers.

Melissa
Mom to:
Riley 2/9/2000 born at 37 weeks due to PE
Kelsi 12/30/2004 - 1/1/2005 (13 oz) born at 24 weeks due to Severe PE
http://www.babiesonline.com/babies/k/kelsi2005/
New photos added 4/18/05 - see Kelsi's Closet

Return to “Grief and Loss”