There are a lot of ladies here who have had an emergency csection. I think it depends on the cut you got, classical vs. bikini (not sure as I have never had a csection, only threatened with them).
As far as having another. That is totally up to you. It is a very hard decision to make. For some, they will tell you no way, no how, no where. Others dive right back in determined to beat it. The best advice I can give is to find a darn good ob or peri (my insurance requires a referral from the ob) that you would trust with your life! I would also discuss everything with the dr and be tested for underlying disorders.
For me, I had to be convinced by my dh for my second (and I don't regret it either). I was terrified. Took me 5 years to be convinced. I just jumped into it because I was afraid a dr would tell me no. I had no idea who to even see. I got pregnant quick and immediately panicked. Called my pcp and they referred me to the group I see now (ob and two midwives). When I called to make the appt, I interrogated them over their ability to handle pe. I was assured that they could. First two appts were with the midwives at 5 and 9 weeks. I was then referred to the ob in the group because bp was high and the pe thing. That was the best decision because I liked him more than the midwives. Nothing against them, but we were all more comfortable with me seeing him.
I had trouble the entire time, was sick all the time, and was on modified bedrest most of the pregnancy and then strict bedrest for the last month. He kept his promise of not transferring me, but threatened quite often. He also kept his promise of not using mag unless necessary. He didn't panic, which was what I needed when things got hot. He saw me every two weeks to 26 weeks then every week till I delivered at 35. I had blood work, US, NST, BPP, and 24 hr urine done on a regular basis> he did all of this with just a hospital discharge sheet from my 1st in french that had severe pe at 35 1/2 weeks, delivered at 36 weeks. My first was born in Belgium. We didn't get her records till 6 months after I had Sara. We have had many conversations about another pregnancy. PCP says I am nuts and called him to ask if it was ok because she was really concerned. Peri and ob say it is ok but be prepared to be monitored and be treated more aggressively and go on bedrest. That's just me though.
There are many women that go on and have normal pregnancies. Then there are those of us who have trouble in a second one. Even though I had trouble in the second I am going for a third next year. Why? I have drs that I trust and know will do the right thing. They have explained everything to me. I am making contingency plans. Make sure you get in with a doc who can explain your options to you. Good luck.