New/Reply FAQ Members Login

England

Residents outside of USA and Canada

England

Postby gemmakins » Thu Jun 21, 2007 06:03 pm

Hi, I'm from England. My son Benjamin was born at 32 weeks as i had severe PE. He is now 5 months old. I would love another baby in a few yrs time but not sure weather to or not. The thought of going through all of that again just terrifies me. I was in hospital for 5 weeks before i gave birth. If i did get PE again, it'd be very difficult to leave my son for that long. Is anyone in the same boat? How many of you have gone on to have a 2nd child and did not get PE / or got PE again? (if that makes sense lol)

Gemma
gemmakins

Re : England

Postby sam » Fri Jun 22, 2007 08:26 am

Hi Gemma

just thought i would say hi to a fellow Brit, and welcome.
I am in central london whereabouts are you?

congratulations on the birth of your precious son, i am just sorry that you had to experience the wrath of PE. It is a club that none of us wishes to be a member of, but we are thankful that we can share our experiences with other ladies who truly understand what we have all been through.

I am sure You will find all the ladies on here very understanding and full of support, and will try their utmost to answer any questions that you may have.

I hope your son is thriving and that you are well

best wishes,and we look forward to your posts

sam

Postby gemmakins » Fri Jun 22, 2007 01:15 pm

Hi Sam,

It's great to know theres others out there who have been through the same ordeal and that you're not alone. Benjamin my son is doing fab, he is a healthy and strong little boy. Me and my husband feel so blessed to have him. He is such a joy to us. I still have protein in my water and it's 5 months on, does anyone know if this is normal?
I'm from Shropshire, It's near the border of Wales if you havent heard of it lol

Love,

Gemma
gemmakins

Postby annegarrett » Fri Jun 22, 2007 06:57 pm

hi! I would like to encourage you to connect with Action on Pre-Eclampsia, our sister organization in the UK. You can find them at www.apec.org.uk Feel free to post here as I am sure you will find a lot fellow country-women and we're definitely not scooting you off, but for practical "local" advice--I can't recommend them enough.

In fact, I'm off to England this Sunday for a week for a meeting with them and a conference in Oxford!

annegarrett

Return to International