10 weeks

Are you pregnant again after having preeclampsia once already in a previous pregnancy? Post your thoughts/concerns here - there are others who share your feelings. This is also the home of our Bedrest Buddies Support group.

10 weeks

Postby ccake79 » Wed May 15, 2013 02:58 am

Hi everyone!

I'm new to this forum but was desperately searching for somewhere with other mums who've gone through the same thing as me and so happy to find this place.

I had severe pre-eclampsia with my first pregnancy, luckily not until around 30 weeks. It wasn't diagnosed until I was 35 weeks, so baby had stopped growing and I was swelling up and (unknown to me) my bp was rising. After induction failed (bp still rising on meds and baby's heart rate dropping on each contraction) I had an emergency c-section. Eleanor was born weighing 3lb 11oz (1.65kg) and rushed to special care. She was fine (thank God), needed tube feeding for a few weeks, but otherwise perfect. My bp didn't settle after the delivery and I didn't get to see her for 3 days after she was born. My bp has settled back to normal now, but took around 6 months.

Eleanor is now 14 months and I'm pregnant again! We always wanted two and I wasn't going to let my experience stop me from trying again. Quite scared though, to be totally honest. Everything is going well at the moment and I'm going to be under consultant care, so that's reassuring at least. I'm still really fearful of having to have an emergency section again and the impact on my health and obviously my baby's.

Anyhow, just wanted to say "hi" and very glad to have found this place :)
ccake79

Re: 10 weeks

Postby sam10 » Fri May 17, 2013 08:29 am

Hello, welcome and congrats :D
A subsequent pregnancy after experiencing PE is usually filled with fear and sometimes panic. The best one can do is to take one day at a time and to be sure to have a good medical team who knows what they are doing.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.
~Julija (40)
MC 3/2009 and 3/2011
Henry (1/1/2010-1/7/2010) - forever loved and missed; severe PE with Hellp; partial placental abruption, classical c-section at 25.6 weeks
Matilda (Nov. 2012, born at 35.4 weeks) - severe PE

Our pain has been put into words, placed into empty cradles, to remember that all our babies lived, that they mattered and always will. - Field of Cradles http://www.fieldofcradles.org/
sam10
Forum Moderator

Return to Pregnant Again?