What is wrong with me?

Are you pregnant again after having preeclampsia once already in a previous pregnancy? Post your thoughts/concerns here - there are others who share your feelings. This is also the home of our Bedrest Buddies Support group.
lucy

Re : What is wrong with me?

Postby lucy » Tue Jan 17, 2006 06:11 am

You lucky girls I have been doing so bad [:I] doing the dishes makes me want to puke, and I dont even attempt to go near the birds cage to clean it now I figure its dh's bird anyhow so he can show his love by cleaning his cage[;)]

damsel

Postby damsel » Mon Jan 16, 2006 07:32 pm

Sure it is not the hot water heater acting up???? Furnace usually drives the heat in the house not the hot water. Go and check the hot water heater and see if you flipped a breaker or something. Also check to see if the pilot light is still on. If it isn't relight (most hot water heaters have instructions on the side). I had awful hot water heater problems till I caved in and had it replaced last April. Now we save money on water and gas. Also my pilot is automatic now. :)

In our apartment the heat and hw come from the same thing. We always have to push the reset button but it just stopped working the other day. Oh well it is fixed now and I have hot water and heat. I missed the heat too but I can deal with it being a little chilly. It isn't to bad because I live in Florida but it does get chilly at night around this time of year.

cassie05

Postby cassie05 » Mon Jan 16, 2006 08:06 am

Im right there with you with the nuerotic house cleaning stuff, though dh did put a stop to it the other day. I was on my hands and knees cleaning the carpet...I have a two year old who thinks it funny to spit his drink out on the carpet...agghhhhh, it makes me crazy. Ive been trying not to do much but I have too, I cant help it!

missgamecock

Postby missgamecock » Sun Jan 15, 2006 11:14 pm

Sure it is not the hot water heater acting up???? Furnace usually drives the heat in the house not the hot water. Go and check the hot water heater and see if you flipped a breaker or something. Also check to see if the pilot light is still on. If it isn't relight (most hot water heaters have instructions on the side). I had awful hot water heater problems till I caved in and had it replaced last April. Now we save money on water and gas. Also my pilot is automatic now. :)

damsel

Postby damsel » Sun Jan 15, 2006 10:51 pm

Now I have no hot water because the stupid furnace is acting up again so I have my dishes piled up and it is driving me nuts!! My landloard is coming over tomorrow to fix it.aaaaagggghhh!!! I want the done NOW.

tafkap

Postby tafkap » Sun Jan 15, 2006 06:44 pm

Hi-jacking your thread Krystle- Melissa, I know it sounds insane, but someone just brought them over for me and I swear it works wonders. I'm wearing a "sea band"- this little elastic band thing that people wear when they are going on a boat. Now I can even READ WHILE IN THE CAR- something I can always due while not pregnant but while pregnant it's a sure-fire way to get me to turn green in the gills. I wish someone had told me about this with my first baby!

As for the house being a wreck, well, sweeite, she with the cleanest house doesn't win. Hang in there! : )

melissam

Postby melissam » Sun Jan 15, 2006 05:54 pm

Do any of you clean freaks want to come over to my house? I can barely get out of bed when I am not at work. [:I] My house is a wreck. My husband is doing a great job at being Mr. Fabulous, but just doesn't have enough time to get it all taken care of. Poor guy.

So no, I am not in that cleaning mode. I would love to be. I would love to be doing anything, other than just sitting all day. Ugh.

tafkap

Postby tafkap » Sun Jan 15, 2006 05:50 pm

Always have been like that. Pregnancy just makes it worse. However, my house is under construction *. So it's a little harder at the moment...

I say nest away! Just use safe cleaning products... : )

arene

Postby arene » Sun Jan 15, 2006 12:57 am

I'm a clean freak too! Pregnancy makes it worse, with nesting and all. Now I am bedresting, so I am stressing about what is not clean or will not be clean by the time the baby arrives. I say clean to your heart's content[:D]

orrobbins

Postby orrobbins » Sun Jan 15, 2006 11:51 am

don't feel bad. I'm normally a bit of a clean freak and organizational freak, but in the last couple of months, i've gone overboard (when i have the energy that is.) The worst part is that we moved into this house about 1 1/2 yr ago, and I did a major organizing sweep during the move - so it's not like there's that much to be done. My poor husband and child, I'm making them clear out all of their things as well - and to tell you the truth, it's easier to get the 3 yr old to throw things away! Ha!

Return to “Pregnant Again?”