Post Reply FAQ Members Login

New here

Are you pregnant again after having preeclampsia once already in a previous pregnancy? Post your thoughts/concerns here - there are others who share your feelings. This is also the home of our Bedrest Buddies Support group.

New here

Postby alli » Sun Nov 30, 2003 11:45 am

by alli (1 Posts), Sun Nov 30, 2003 11:45 am

Hi!
I just found these boards today, and I'm so glad that I did. I'm 36 weeks pg with my first, and have been dx'd with PIH in my third trimester. I did a 24-hour urine collection last week, and was in L&D twice (once following an office visit, my BP was 160/90 and once for a non-stress test). My OB is out because he's having surgery, so I am being followed by his partner, whom I just met last week. She's the one who put me on bedrest and sent me for the NST on Friday. I am showing trace amounts of protein (haven't heard about my 24-hour test, though) and I am on Methyldopa 250 mg 2x/day. My BP readings at home are pretty OK - almost always under 120/80.

I have so many questions that I don't know where to begin! But I have spent some time reading through these boards this morning, and will be looking around some more. I think that it will really help me prepare for Tuesday's visit.

Thanks for letting me share my story! :)

I'm 30, DH is 29
36 weeks pg with my Christmas baby - little boy due 12/26/03
put on bedrest for PE 11/24/03
alli

Return to Pregnant Again?