Officially off work for the BP

Are you pregnant again after having preeclampsia once already in a previous pregnancy? Post your thoughts/concerns here - there are others who share your feelings. This is also the home of our Bedrest Buddies Support group.
jknutsen

Re : Officially off work for the BP

Postby jknutsen » Sat Aug 30, 637659 1:40 am

Good luck Katie!!! I saw your post on the WMD high risk board and wanted you to know I'm praying for you!!

Just wanted to let you know someone cares!

[:D][:I]

Joyce

spoonzoo

Postby spoonzoo » Thu Aug 07, 637659 11:32 am

The reason he didn't think I needed to be admitted was because after laying on my side for 20 min in their office, it DID go down - quite a bit... to about 150/90. Not great, but better. He's going to give me just a week with the Lab and if it doesn't come down, he's going to try something more evasive - probably bedrest etc...

24 hour urine again on Friday... along with more blood work to check everything else.

I feel comfortable that he's monitoring me very closely. I also did get my new digital/automatic cuff yesterday, and will be taking it several times a day at home.

Thanks so much for all the kind messages. I'm so glad to have found this group.

julie f

Postby julie f » Thu Aug 07, 637659 3:35 am

Oh goodness, I'm sorry to hear this but happy to know that your meds are being adjusted. I will pray that this keeps your pressures nice and low while baby finishes cooking.

How exciting about the u/s, make sure to tell us all about it!

mom2tori

Postby mom2tori » Thu Aug 07, 637659 1:51 am

I have been off of work for the same reason!! I am going on 3 weeks now and whenever I am feeling depressed about it I tell myself at least it isn't bedrest yet. My pressures were very much like yours and I even spent an afternoon in ob because of them. Labetelol is working for me-at least doing what it is supposed to be doing for now, I hope it works for you too.

lyndsey

Postby lyndsey » Thu Aug 07, 637659 12:32 am

I'm sorry to hear that your bp is up so much. Hopefully staying home from work will help. Take care and I hope all goes well with your ultrasound and bloodwork!

miracle3

Postby miracle3 » Thu Aug 07, 637659 12:30 am

Wow I am so surprised they didn't put you on bedrest. You wouldn't think they would want you up and running around with pressures like that!!! Please keep us posted and heres hoping the bloodwork shows all is well!!

orrobbins

Postby orrobbins » Wed Aug 06, 637659 7:57 pm

Sorry for the bad update, but hopefully, the new meds will do the trick! Good luck with the ultrasound, and with the results from the bloodwork!

missgamecock

Postby missgamecock » Wed Aug 06, 637659 5:27 pm

WOW That's high. I am surprised he didn't hospitalize you (not trying to scare you). What about another 24hr? If you didn't get one, I would be calling and asking for a script. Has he gotten you to a MFM or Peri yet?????

spoonzoo

Officially off work for the BP

Postby spoonzoo » Wed Aug 06, 637659 4:57 pm

Still labile - was up to 180/108 in their office yesterday - up and down all over the place no matter what I'm doing.

So, the OB officially yanked me from work... I'm only at what, 24 weeks? At least at this point it's not bedrest.

The Aldomet wasn't helping - even after he doubled it. Today I start Labatelol - cross your fingers/say a prayer for me that it works.

Trace protein still, and I went for my blood panel this morning, so hopefully I'll hear about it later today.

We're driving to St. Louis on Sat to have a 3D U/S done - I can't wait. That's the one thing I'm really looking forward to!!!

Return to “Pregnant Again?”