Cassie update 5/11 1pm

Are you pregnant again after having preeclampsia once already in a previous pregnancy? Post your thoughts/concerns here - there are others who share your feelings. This is also the home of our Bedrest Buddies Support group.
youtan

Re : Cassie update 5/11 1pm

Postby youtan » Fri May 12, 2006 03:27 pm

Ya, there were those nurses during my 4 wks in the hospital that just didn't get it done sometimes. Makes for a stressful time. But, then you look forward to those really nice ones that keep bringing Italian ice and other goodies and even chat about things once in awhile. Thanks for the update Lori. Hoping that Cassie's day was better today!

spoonzoo

Postby spoonzoo » Fri May 12, 2006 10:48 am

I'm a firm believer in taking matters into your own hands when you can't get a response from a nurese. Now, luckily, with both of my deliveries, I had great experiences in the hospital - however, when I was in for a different matter, I had this horrible floor of nurses that didn't respond, would forget my meds on time, wouldn't get my food to me, wouldn't come to let my poor 80 yr old roomate to the bathroom etc... so, I would call my Dr's office and have his nurse call to the nurses desk and complain... boy - a couple days of that and they straightened up really quick! Plus, my Dr's office had me file a complaint with the nursing manager... and although I probably really ticked some people off, it worked.

I'm not ususally a complaining type of person, but this situation was terrible. They couldn't bother to get a big blood pressure cuff for me, and when they transported me, they didn't bother to get a wider wheelchair, and I ended up with burns on my leg from rubbing on the wheel - and when I complainted to the transporter he huffed and puffed like it was a burden and said, 'well, it's not easy to push you either!'

Blah - I didn't mean to get into all of this here - but let her know not to put up with any crap and make sure they take care of HER and those babies!

susan belisle

Postby susan belisle » Fri May 12, 2006 09:41 am

Well she just needs to keep puching that nurse button. Over and Over and Over and Over and Over.

lucy

Postby lucy » Thu May 11, 2006 03:57 pm

I would be frustrated too, but I always hooked myself back up to the monitors lol you get pretty good at it after awhile. Hope her bps start coming down and they quit forgetting to feed her my gosh. We need to sneak her a bunch of snacks in so when they dont bring her food at least she willl have something to eat, she should talk to the nurse manager too and let her know it might do some good. Please let her know I am thinking of her and to hang in there many hugs.

tracey

Postby tracey » Thu May 11, 2006 03:28 pm

Argh. Sorry to hear about the continuing bp issue and the not-so-helpful nursing staff. Hope the increase in meds and a shift change takes care of that! Continued thoughts and prayers to you and the wee ones! Keep it up -- you are doing an AMAZING job!
And thanks again for the updates, Lori!

mom2gigi

Postby mom2gigi » Thu May 11, 2006 01:55 pm

She's rightly so in a grumpy mood. Glad to hear girls are doing good and praying for BP to head on down.

lorelei

Postby lorelei » Thu May 11, 2006 01:13 pm

Not a whole lot to say. Our girl is in a pretty foul mood today, and rightly so. Her bp is still up, last bp was 150/101. They have increased her meds to 3x/day but doesn't seem to be doing the trick just yet. She got a shower this morning and nobody ever came back in to help her get hooked up to the monitors, even after she called the nurses station. She finally got the belly jelly (lol) and hooked her own self back up. They forgot her lunch tray as well so she's not eaten yet. Anyway, that's all for now. I won't update again today unless something else comes up.

annbaby3

Postby annbaby3 » Wed May 10, 2006 11:33 pm

32 weeks, here we come. Way to go Cassie.

keneke68

Postby keneke68 » Wed May 10, 2006 10:47 pm

I am so happy that both girls passed the BPP's Cassie you are so amazing. You are such an inspiration to everyone. [:)] You are always in my thoughts and prayers. Keep it up Girl!![:I]
Lori you are doing such a wonderful job keeping everyone posted. Thank you so much!!! You are awesome!!!![:)][:)]

Postby Guest » Wed May 10, 2006 10:24 pm

I'm so proud of Cassie and the amazing strength she's showing. She's a big inspiration to all of us that's been in the hospital just hoping for one more day and one more hour. Keep up the good work girl!

Return to “Pregnant Again?”